• ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I liked Matt Welch's take on it:

Obama's Lies Matter, Too: The president pushes back against health care misinformation, then spreads a bunch of his own. - Reason Magazine

Money quotes galore:

It is telling that so many people who claim to be speaking on the side of Truth, Justice, and the American Way of Journalism have consistently focused their outrage-o-meters at individual townhall attendees, political broadcast entertainers, and the lesser lights of a lame (if resurgent-by-default) opposition party, while letting walk nearly fact-check-free the non-irrelevant occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

"Add it all up, and the plan I'm proposing will cost around $900 billion over ten years," he said, trying hard to sound like those numbers weren't pulled out of Joe Biden's pants, and won't be dwarfed by actual costs within a year or two.

"My guiding principle," Obama said, "is, and always has been, that consumers do better when there is choice and competition." Unfortunately, the president evinces zero understanding of how increased regulation can reduce consumer choice, even or especially when the government joins the competition.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Bill Clinton was on The Daily Show last night talking about how a President can't always hold true on his campaign promises. I took his talk to be providing "O" cover as to why he is either not following through on promises or doing the opposite of what he said (extending parts of the Patriot Act, etc.).

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    But, we are not going to limit this "lying" to particular groups or political parties are we?

Because, I would venture to guess that the majority of the elected officials in Washington D.C. lie, a lot. In all seriousness, you can't blame Obama for a system that has been functioning on lies for at a minimum of 60 years. He's just taking advantage of the situation, just like every other congressman or senator.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Obama is a lawyer! They lie for a living! And get paid good to do it. This guy went to collage and has been taught by the best on how to lie and distort the law and any other words. Hes perfected these skills over the last 20+ years. My god! He will go down in history as THE GREAT DECEIVER!

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    It depends on how we understand the meaning of what a lie is.

I'll take a definition from Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online, "to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive." The difficulty isn't necessarily finding an untrue statement that he made, but proving that he had intent to deceive us.

We all have the same sort of problem that the president has. We say we'll do something that doesn't work out, or we state a fact or figure that we didn't fully understand. But, did we have intent to deceive? Well, probably not.

Now, does the President lie? Well, find me a politician that doesn't.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care

One way to keep your promise not to cover illegals. Make them all legal.
    President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.

He also staked out a position that anyone in the country legally should be covered - a major break with the 1996 welfare reform bill, which limited most federal public assistance programs only to citizens and longtime immigrants.

"Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don't simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken," Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. "That's why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else.

Mr. Obama added, "If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all."

Republicans said that amounts to an amnesty, calling it a backdoor effort to make sure current illegal immigrants get health care.

TWT RELATED STORIES:
    • Barbour: Policy, not race, drives Obama foes
    • Obama begins health plan media blitz
    • How rogue conservative filmmakers took down ACORN

"It is ironic that the president told the American people that illegal immigrants should not be covered by the health care bill, but now just days later he's talking about letting them in the back door," said Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee.

"If the American people do not want to provide government health care for illegal immigrants, why would they support giving them citizenship, the highest honor America can bestow?" Mr. Smith said.

But immigrant rights groups see the speech as a signal that Mr. Obama is committed to providing health care coverage for anyone in the United States legally, regardless of their citizenship status.

"It's the first time I've certainly heard, publicly, him talking more about legal immigrants," said Eric Rodriguez, vice president for research and advocacy at the National Council of La Raza (NCLR). "I think that was certainly positive progress. We were absolutely concerned about not hearing that."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He cannot tell the truth and get any of his agenda through. When people
    know the truth they always (depends on your definition of normal people)
    vote against the types of policies he presents.

"It's not lying, it's just not telling the truth" - b. obam

Does a bear :poop: in the woods?

Bearchit.jpg

YEP!

Top Bottom