• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    As I am watching all the gun hoopla tonight I see a picture pop up on Piers Morgan and it looked similar to a picture I saw earlier.

Picture from Fox news....

picture.php

Picture from CNN.....

picture.php

I know realize this Benelli accepts AR mags so I guess nothing is really "off" about it.

Do you think CNN intentionally used the scarier looking weapon?

Last edited:

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Other than the two networks using similar illustrations, I'm not sure what's being hinted at here?

I think he's implying cnn used a photo of a 30-round mag in the rifle for dramatic effect, while fox wanted to show the minute difference between legal and illegal.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    At first glance I thought the CNN pic looked photo shopped so I posted this without knowing much about this Benelli. After I posted I searched for this Benelli to find out more about and I saw it actually does accept AR mags.

All the idiocy on tv has made me complaisant.

vibrationeng

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    S. Indiana
    As I am watching all the gun hoopla tonight I see a picture pop up on Piers Morgan and it looked similar to a picture I saw earlier.

Picture from Fox news....

picture.php

Picture from CNN.....

picture.php

I know realize this Benelli accepts AR mags so I guess nothing is really "off" about it.

Do you think CNN intentionally used the scarier looking weapon?

Yes, they used the one with the 30-round mag to make it look more evil.

Phil

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I just dont understand why it is banned because of a Pistol Grip. I added one to my shotgun just for added control for skeet.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Guessing it shows the stupidity of the ban, because the basic rifle is still the same, it just looks angelic without that evil pistol grip.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Another stupid AWB ban, which is nothing other than an attack on the 2A. By banning guns that "look" deadly you accomplish absolutely nothing when it comes to safety, since all guns do the same thing.

Perhaps the liberals really know this, and they believe that because many kids see military movies like Rambo, and play army, that they will identify with these "cool" features, and want to own a gun. So maybe their goal is literally to keep guns from being cool...

That would be like someone who hates rock music--but has no power to ban it--dictating that all electric guitarists use an acoustic shaped electric guitar. The music would sound exactly the same, but it wouldn't look as attractive on stage. It would be less cool.

That is all any AWB accomplishes. So their real intent must have nothing to do with safety, but to decrease the popularity of gun ownership. I believe whole heartedly that this is the very definition of infringement. If they really wanted to make guns less cool, they should stop glorifying violence in movies, which would not be an infringement if the 2A at all.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I see misdirection on both sides of the issue with these pictures.

The origional Benelli picture does truly show that the pistol grip is what makes this illegal, but doesnt show a magazine in either rifle that might still scare the antis.

The anti picture, shows the magazine in the gun with the pistol grip, but not in the other one, They are trying to fool the sheeple into thinking the pistol grip gun is banned because of the magazine, but the non-pistol grip gun cant use a magazine.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, most of the sheeple will fall for it.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I heard on the radio yesterday these same questions. If there are guns that fire the same ammo and perform exactly the same way, what makes one an assault rifle and the other a hunting rifle. The question was proposed to an anti-gunner who said "It's an assault rifle if it looks scary." They can't define what an "assault weapon" is any better than that?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom