• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The most suspicious part that I observed is that he rings the bell with his middle knuckle and not the tip of his finger. This looks like a deliberate attempt to not leave finger prints.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    The most suspicious part that I observed is that he rings the bell with his middle knuckle and not the tip of his finger. This looks like a deliberate attempt to not leave finger prints.

That's a great observation.

I was more concerned about his left hand never leaving the same spot and what it might be holding.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Nah, I didn't find that suspicious at all. If he put enough thought into it, to try and avoid leaving a fingerprint, then he could have just knocked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just tagging along with those upthread that opine that it is suspicious. This was a recon.

It does look like the hilt of a knife in a sheath, but the sheath is tucked into his right pocket so it isn't immediately visible. He also indexes it as he pulls the belt up to his generous girth. Really odd to me that he keeps his left hand in his pocket almost the ENTIRE time, both up to the door, then away. Normal people don't walk like that. There was something in there that he wanted to keep his hand on at all times.

And yeah, there was the leaving-as-soon-as-he-realized-there-was-video behavior.

Probably a good idea to spread the word and identify him.

Also, WTH was the design on the shirt? Generic biker-esque?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's a great observation.

I was more concerned about his left hand never leaving the same spot and what it might be holding.

Nah, I didn't find that suspicious at all. If he put enough thought into it, to try and avoid leaving a fingerprint, then he could have just knocked.

I don't think the "knuckle" ring was all that suspicious. I know some germophobes who ring doorbells with knuckles.

About his left hand, it seemed he was having a hard time keeping his pants up. It looked like as he was walking up, his left hand was holding holding his pants by the belt loop and then when he hoisted his britches with his right hand, he moved his left to the pocket.

Really, I only found two things suspicious. 1) that he was there at all given the remote location. There could be some explanations for that. 2) that he left as soon as it seems he saw the camera. I think that's really the thing that would make me question his motives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just tagging along with those upthread that opine that it is suspicious. This was a recon.

It does look like the hilt of a knife in a sheath, but the sheath is tucked into his right pocket so it isn't immediately visible. He also indexes it as he pulls the belt up to his generous girth. Really odd to me that he keeps his left hand in his pocket almost the ENTIRE time, both up to the door, then away. Normal people don't walk like that. There was something in there that he wanted to keep his hand on at all times.

And yeah, there was the leaving-as-soon-as-he-realized-there-was-video behavior.

Probably a good idea to spread the word and identify him.

Also, WTH was the design on the shirt? Generic biker-esque?

I dunno. Maybe you're not built that way. But for guys who are built that way, sometimes you have to hold onto your britches. Over-tightening your belt helps. That's what I do. But that gets uncomfortable. Suspenders really help, but then you have to tuck your shirt in. So I'll give him a pass on that.

I still think if there's something that shows he's up to no good, it's him leaving as soon as he sees the camera. There just aren't many reasonable, benign explanations for that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I dunno. Maybe you're not built that way. But for guys who are built that way, sometimes you have to hold onto your britches. Over-tightening your belt helps. That's what I do. But that gets uncomfortable. Suspenders really help, but then you have to tuck your shirt in. So I'll give him a pass on that.

I still think if there's something that shows he's up to no good, it's him leaving as soon as he sees the camera. There just aren't many reasonable, benign explanations for that.

IF his knife weren't so big and heavy he might not have to tug at his britches so much. OR... Go on a diet and don't worry about it.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I just sent an e-mail to the contact at Investigations Division of Hendricks County Sherriff. I feel a lot better for sending it.

As far as holding up pants.... I have the same problem, especially now that I am loosing weight. I'll give him a pass on holding the pants up.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville

I am built that way. I thought all of us gun nuts are.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's not just leaving, it's the reaction on his face as he realizes it, too. I wish it didn't freeze right there, but it still looks like he's got the "oh poo" micro-expression, as soon as he catches up to his being recorded, he scoots off.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    As well as contacting the Sheriff you might want to let any neighbors around in on the incident. Share his pic and see if anyone else has seen him about or had a similar experience.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    That's a little too close to home for me. We're also in an area of Mooresville/Monrovia where no one randomly comes up to the door. That's a big boy too that can easily overpower. Thanks for contacting HCSD. We'll keep an eye out for what neighbors we do have.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    He looks like a scrapper. Do you or your neighbors have anything visible from the road that looks like there is a possibility you would let someone haul it away for free if they would just take it? Also, do you live near a pond that he might want to fish in?

Top Bottom