Does this look dangerous to anyone else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sorry... I know they're a site advertiser, but...

37f502ad624c3fb307e30cb6268838ff.jpg

I know DeSantis is reputable, but that access hole to the trigger looks like an accident waiting to happen to me... I mean what's the point? The only thing I can see this holster offering is lessening printing. Otherwise, you're carrying a "naked" pistol... :dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    To answer the OP, yes I also think this is dangerous. No form of carry with the trigger exposed is a good idea.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have one, no issues with it. The wife was the one whom originally wanted it. We have used it for over a year, carries fine in a back pocket. but ....ymmv

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    I thought that kind of holster made it an AOW.
    They had one for the naa guardian years ago before it became an NFA item.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Concerning this wallet holster, it is not an AOW due to the following definition:
    " AOW is a concealable weapon that is not recognizable as a conventional
    pistol or revolver"
    This holster allows an observer to clearly see the slide,trigger and also part of the frame. So by definition , it is not an AOW....IANAL...:twocents:

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    The gun actually shoots above the holster, not through it, and does not conceal the fact that is a gun once it is drawn.
    It is actually considered a modified grip, and therefore, it does not fall into the AOW category.
    Complies with ATF regulations on wallet holsters

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I'm considering buying an LCP and a version of that holster. (Google "wallet holster", there are a couple.)

Why? Isn't it dangerous?

It's probably not as safe as carrying my Colt Combat Elite in a Front Line quick draw shoulder holster. On the other hand it's a lot smaller. It also has one other major point going for it: It looks more like a wallet than a pistol. Plus, let's not forget that our Glock friends tell us that real safeties aren't needed - use your brain and don't pull the trigger. Seems to me if it applies there, it applies to this. If not, well, you tell 'em.

I got robbed at gunpoint in the IVY Tech parking lot across from the Children's Museum in Indy. I would have loved to have been able to pull one of those out of my pocket when he said "Gimme yo wallet." For at least a second he'd have thought it was actually a wallet. Pow, pow, pow - Woops, sorry. - That's gonna leave a mark. Good idea? I'm not sure, but it seems like it would be better than being whacked in the face with a cheapo small caliber handgun for not complying quickly enough, then having to give up my real wallet anyway. I'm still pretty POed about that, even though I was wearing a full face motorcycle helmet.

And what's with the ATF? (I know, I know, silly question.) They insist the gun look like a gun? Whose side are they on anyway? Kickback from the criminals? Is there an Armed Robber lobbyist $telling$ Congress that effective self defense should be illegal? Honor among thieves, professional courtesy, and all that? (And since it's bound to come up, I don't really know if this is the whim of the ATF or something the Congress wrote. Probably Congress. Still, whose side ..?)

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Some company (can't remember who) tried this back in the 70s and it dropped off the market pretty shortly. I can't imagine being able to dig that thing out of my pocket faster than I could draw from a decent holster. Looks like a crappy cell phone case. But I guess it's "new" and "tactical".

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    The gun actually shoots above the holster, not through it, and does not conceal the fact that is a gun once it is drawn.
    It is actually considered a modified grip, and therefore, it does not fall into the AOW category.
    Complies with ATF regulations on wallet holsters

Does not fall into the AOW category YET, give them time.

Top Bottom