• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I had a stand off one time with an aggressive pit. I honestly was standing there waiting for the attack. Thought it through. How I would turn my weak side and let it get me.

Had my hand on my gun, but didn't draw because I figured the movement would set it off.

Dog stood there growling (almost a huff) for what seemed like hours (just a few minutes). Then it got bored or figured I was pathetic and it turned and ran off.

I have seen nice pits but I have to confess I don't trust any of them. I am a profiler towards canines.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    I hope to god my pitbull never does anything like this. I take extra care when I'm outside with her to ensure she does not get loose or make any abrupt charge for not only other people, but for other animals. In the house she is the sweetest little girl ever, but she is an animal, and I cant guarantee they'll behave 100% of the time.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Here in 3 -2-1 pit bull owners that will post pictures of their Bully Dogs sleeping with there children.

I've said it before, every dog I ever had a problem with either at work or at home is in the top 10 Breeds to maul, disfigure and kill.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here in 3 -2-1 pit bull owners that will post pictures of their Bully Dogs sleeping with there children.

I've said it before, every dog I ever had a problem with either at work or at home is in the top 10 Breeds to maul, disfigure and kill.

But they are such harmless "Animals"

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I hope to god my pitbull never does anything like this. I take extra care when I'm outside with her to ensure she does not get loose or make any abrupt charge for not only other people, but for other animals. In the house she is the sweetest little girl ever, but she is an animal, and I cant guarantee they'll behave 100% of the time.

This is what I just don't get, why on earth would you want the liability and responsibility of a pet that you have to take extra care when she's out of the home ? The front door knocks and bam the dog bolts past you and is on top of the ups man.. No thanks,.... I understand it's a animal, but certainly some animals are more preordained to aggressive behavior. And you have #1 on the list. I just don't get it....

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    This is what I just don't get, why on earth would you want the liability and responsibility of a pet that you have to take extra care when she's out of the home ? The front door knocks and bam the dog bolts past you and is on top of the ups man.. No thanks,.... I understand it's a animal, but certainly some animals are more preordained to aggressive behavior. And you have #1 on the list. I just don't get it....

So I've never experienced any issues with Pitbulls in my life, but heres my take. She is an animal yes, and statistics show an aggressive one at that. My girl is only 5 months old, so I've not gotten to experience what adulthood will be like for her yet. That being said, I live out on a farm. She has tons of room to run around all day and get her energy drained. She is friendly to anyone who is invited to the house, and when its just me, she loves to cuddle and sleep.

Now I wont be the guy to say "Oh hey my dog is different, she wouldnt hurt a fly". I do understand the risks involved but to be, the benefits outweight the cons.

Thats about all I'll say to "argue" my case. At the end of the day I'm extremely happy with my decision and wouldnt change it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've always said I'll never own a pit bull. It's not that I inherently distrust them, but on the off chance that it does snap the physical capabilities of such a dog are more than I care to deal with.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

kinda like shooting a shotgun with a Damascus barrel.

Everything might work out just fine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are having a bad time with a local German Shepard.
    Been through the idiot owners having Pits thing and now a damn German Shepard. My favorite breed.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A pit bull owner I know once told me that it wasn't a breed problem. He said the problem was that many pit bull owners were mentally ill (other than himself of course) or were criminal types. I didn't find that reassuring..

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    A pit bull owner I know once told me that it wasn't a breed problem. He said the problem was that many pit bull owners were mentally ill (other than himself of course) or were criminal types. I didn't find that reassuring..

Unfortunately, most owners will assure you that the its all about the owner and that aggressive pitbulls have aggressive owners. While I partially agree, I know that at a moments notice, my dog could flip. If that day comes, I wont hesitate to do whats needed.

Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    Here is the thing. Behavior and temperament are genetic traits the same as hair color and length. The dogs have been bred specifically for their power, aggressiveness, and ruthlessness for God knows how long. A most other breeds will bite the **** out of you, but then leave you alone. A pit will go for the throat and do its best to kill you, and won't leave you alone till its forced away somehow. These animals should be outright banned, and if I had my way, every last one of them would be put down. If I'm ever charged by one, I won't hesitate to shoot it

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Every dog is a biter...

I get prospective tenants who have dogs all the time. Some I let stay, some I don't. I tell every single dog owner that if you poke that dog in the eye it will bite you. I don't care if it wouldn't hurt a fly. That is just what will happen.

I have a dog. I am not a hater of them... well, I am not fond of them I guess. But I have seen dogs that were trained properly and I have seen dogs that were tied to blocks and forced to pull so they could build mass.

The owner has a responsibility, but a dog is still a dog.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Unfortunately, most owners will assure you that the its all about the owner and that aggressive pitbulls have aggressive owners. While I partially agree, I know that at a moments notice, my dog could flip. If that day comes, I wont hesitate to do whats needed.

That's if you're there to do anything.. It just seems easier to have a dog that not predispositioned to be aggressive.. And not haveing to be worried about your dog wacking out. Keep good insurance paid up.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Every dog is a biter...

I get prospective tenants who have dogs all the time. Some I let stay, some I don't. I tell every single dog owner that if you poke that dog in the eye it will bite you. I don't care if it wouldn't hurt a fly. That is just what will happen.

I have a dog. I am not a hater of them... well, I am not fond of them I guess. But I have seen dogs that were trained properly and I have seen dogs that were tied to blocks and forced to pull so they could build mass.

The owner has a responsibility, but a dog is still a dog.

I don't believe that at all, its just like humans, some you poke in the eye and they run away. And some you poke in the eye will punch you in the face.

Top Bottom