• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Great dogs, I can go either way on the ears , my boxer currently doesn't have his cropped , my first did get cropped, and I doubt I would do it again.
    Training is a good idea , but beware of the trainers who claim "protection" training , there are some here in indy who are scams !
    Ask a reputable Vet for a reference on a trainer, you might avoid alot of trouble this way.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I don't know if this is typical of boxers, but of the few I've known, they were very quiet. There's one around the block from us, and he is full of energy, always running around in his fenced-in yard and peeking over the fence, but I seldom hear him bark. His owner is kind of an idiot :rolleyes:, but I like his dog. I talk to the dog when I walk by, and usually not the owner...lol.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    No, what you are seeing is just the breed of dog. They have TONS of energy and need exercise regularly. In fact, the dog I referenced in the post above I finally figured out had so much energy that the trick to having him behave was to simply wear him out. I ride my bicycle alot and I found that I could grab his leash, hop on my bike, and ride off. He would run beside me and LOVED IT! I found that about a mile and a half to three miles was what he needed to burn off all the extra energy he had and he was an awesome animal once he was in that state.

Good dogs, but they aren't like my bull mastiff who would rather not lift her head if she doesn't have to because that takes energy!

:+1:

Funny, My other dog is a Mastiff as well.

Without plenty of exercise Boxers tend to be very rambunctious and will beg for attention. Our's needs to walk 2-3 miles a day or have a good solid hour of intense play time.

I love the personality that Boxers have and even though they are like the child that's constantly in trouble (Playfully Rotten), they are worth it. Biggest problem we have with ours is Butter, she is NUTZ for butter and if we forget to put it away she'll have it gone in no time.

Top Bottom