• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I think this kid needs to be prescribed some HTFU.
    A major pizza chain has apologised to a young red-headed boy who burst into tears when staff identified him as the "Ginger Kid "on his pizza receipt.

Ross Wajtknecht had stopped in for a bite to eat at a Domino's Pizza store in England with two of his mates, ordering a Texas BBQ pizza and giving staff his name.

But the 11-year-old was devastated to find that, unlike his friends who had their first names printed on their receipts, staff had homed in on his fiery locks.

"Ginger Kid Paid" was printed in bold across the top of his receipt, prompting the young boy to burst into tears, according to the Somerset Guardian.

The fast food restaurant in Midsomer Norton, south-west of Bath, offered Ross a free pizza as an apology, but the damage had already been done

Read more: Domino's red-faced over 'Ginger Kid' gibe

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's what happens in a jolly ol' nanny state. They aren't raised to be men, they're raised to be hypersensitive hipsters.

The boy had his full name listed in the story, so it's going to stick with him for awhile.

When my little brother was 8-9 he got a breakfast at a hardee's or burger king one time. There was a hair in his sausage gravy and my mom told him to take it back to the counter himself.

My brother and I kinda coached him not to take any guff, and... ... we just sat back and watched the fireworks.

It was kind of funny, but my mom didn't think so. He exhibited a rage that I did not expect from such a little dude. The manager or assistant mgr would shrug his shoulders and that would set him off even more. My mom took him by the collar and made us all leave, suspecting my brother was going to let some profanity slip out.

Ah, memories...

He's a good family man to this day. I know his kids won't be hassled by anyone either.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm one of the least P.C. people I know, I've nothing further to say. At least it was in Merry old and not somewhere on this side of the pond. Probably won't cost Dominos a cent over there but could have run into the millions over here!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    it would have been cool if the kid would have climbed the counter and punched the person who wrote it in the sack, instead of crying about it. but im also looking at this from an adults perspective and kids are sensitive and innocent and thats whats pure and good about them and should be protected. in all honesty, adults picking on kids isnt cool and if im out anywhere and see it I wont be nice to the adult who is doing it. the person or persons should be fired. period.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    world doesn't care!

To the kid in the story (and the one in the youtube video):
    Dear Freckles,
    The world couldn't care less about your feelings. That is all.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    if he was the only nappy headed one in a group of black kids, yes.

would this be an issue if it said "blonde kid paid'? same way of describing someone.

Yeah but thats not the same. Using your blonde example, the proper way would have been that in a group of three women they wrote the dumb girl paid for the blonde.

I am not into the PC stuff and I think the ginger stuff is funny, but its not the same as saying blonde kid paid. That would be the case if he said red haired kid paid.

But onto a more important topic, why are they called red heads, their hair is orange, not red. My sister is a ginger so I can call them gingers, you cant. But she really is.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ok, the point here is that when you are an employee on the job you are representing the company that you entered into a contract with (employement. they pay you for services rendered). their way goes because thats what they are paying for. so if they want their employees to jump on one foot and cheer everytime a customer enters the door, then you either do it or you get fired. this employee or employees disrespected the kid and their employer on the employers time, so now the employer/company will be the one who pays the price. but the price for the employee to pay should be losing his job. when you are working on the job, all your personal feelings or political views you get to keep to yourself because they have no place at work. your there to do the job and anything that interferes with doing the job and accomplishing the companies goals, whether that be good customer service or just banging out results, there is no place for. people have such a ****ty work ethic anymore. you should take pride in your work no matter if your making $5k a year or over 100K. thats how you better yourself and move up. results through integrity, pride, honesty are everything. making fun of little kids at your work doesnt fit into it. sure it can be funny from the outside in, but when your in that situation its not funny at all.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    As a Ginger I'm in the HTFU group, at 11 years old it time to start learning that you don't get a trophy for everything and if being called a ginger puts you in tears you probably won't make it if you don't get a little tougher.
    As for the employees that was not professional conduct even if you are just making pizza.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Yeah but thats not the same. Using your blonde example, the proper way would have been that in a group of three women they wrote the dumb girl paid for the blonde.

I am not into the PC stuff and I think the ginger stuff is funny, but its not the same as saying blonde kid paid. That would be the case if he said red haired kid paid.

i suppose. however, i was called "the fat kid" waaaay before turning 11; didn't ever think it should've been international news.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    As a Ginger I'm in the HTFU group, at 11 years old it time to start learning that you don't get a trophy for everything and if being called a ginger puts you in tears you probably won't make it if you don't get a little tougher.
    As for the employees that was not professional conduct even if you are just making pizza.
    +1 Gingers who stand up for themselves! Now, as for the employee, chances are he was just some dumb high-school kid working his first part-time job who probably couldn't even spell professionalism if his life depended on it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm a partial ginger. I've got a ginger beard. The kid in the video has a lot more issues than being a no-soul having ginger (and no...if there is a such thing as a soul, gingers do NOT have them). The kid at Domino's, it is time to get a little Chopper in his life. The kid cries because he is called a ginger, he is going to have a rough life ahead of him. The employee, even though I find it funny...it wasn't the place to do it.

Oh yeah, I hope the ginger's friends made fun of him for crying.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    i suppose. however, i was called "the fat kid" waaaay before turning 11; didn't ever think it should've been international news.

Its different, in most cases being fat is in your control, being a redhead is not. But I was in the same situation as you, I was the fat kid too. It really didnt bother me that much either. Kids were tougher then.

Top Bottom