Donations needed. Greencastle Indiana- Judy Family Farm Barn Fire.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have taken it upon myself to set up a relief fund for a friend of the family. On the night of February 16th, 2013, the Judy family of Greencastle Indiana were awakened by their neighbors with terrible news. The main barn on the Judy Farm, containing over 40 animals, their farm truck, and nearly 4,000 bales of hay, was on fire. As they exited the house they saw flames shooting into the night sky, and realized there was absolutely nothing they could do but stand there and watch their life's work disappear in a cloud of smoke. Six different fire departments from surrounding townships responded in an attempt to put out the fire, but it was a total loss. The flames got so hot the tractor outside the barn was damaged as well.

Unfortunately, the Judy's did not have insurance on the barn, or the contents thereof, and are in need of assistance. If you could please find it in your heart to donate your time and money to help them rebuild, it would be greatly appreciated. At this time they have no shelter for their remaining animals, feed, pharmaceuticals, or other necessary items. This is a family that has made a point of blessing their community in times of need; giving away hay and feed during times of drought, supplying food to local families, even treating sick livestock on other farms for free. Now it is time for the community to unite and do everything in our power to help them.

Thank you for your consideration, and God Bless.

There is a donation tab on the Judy Farm Relief Fund Facebook page, as well as pictures of the damage.
    https://www.facebook.com/JudyFarmReliefFund

Here is a direct link to the donation page. Please help support one of our local small farmers in their time of need.
    https://www.facebook.com/JudyFarmRel...17708921611213

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hate to sound so cold, but if it was the accumulation of their lives' work wasn't worth insuring, why do they need donations? Spend your premium now so you can expect someone else to donate later..... sorry, any donation I might have given is being spent on my insurance premiums.

I feel sorry for the famly, but at this time, I don't deem them worthy of my charity.

Top Bottom