• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah its kind of hard to miss. Its like a giant festering boil on the ass of Lafayette.

Most of the entire area is a festering boil. Daily occurrences at the mall. Simon even got rid of the mall a few years ago.

It's downtown Indy, not far from to the Circle Monument, right?

I dont know the city very well. :n00b:

near West side just inside of the 465 loop. I think it says "Guns" on the outside of the building about 15 different places LOL

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I don't get it. Don sells guns. He sells enough guns that he has been open and in business for over 40 years. He's the same way now as he was when he first started out selling guns. Not everyone knows that Don demands a premium price for his goods and services...but don't blame Don for them being ignorant of his ways, he will soon show them the light.

It's America...go buy your guns where you want to. Don has every right to be Don, and we have every right to just let Don be. Warn the others, and then go buy it mail order or online. Afterall, what you paid is the true cost of what you got. Right?

I don't shop at Don's. I don't like Don's Guns, I don't feel welcome there, and I feel like I'm about to have my socks stolen without even having my shoes taken off. I'm glad Don is here though. We need more gun stores.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    339   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    It's America...go buy your guns where you want to. Don has every right to be Don, and we have every right to just let Don be. Warn the others, and then go buy it mail order or online. Afterall, what you paid is the true cost of what you got. Right?

We need more gun stores.

You know, I don't like Don's either, but I have to agree with Pistol on this one. You can't blame someone for other people's ignorance. He's a bad person, and a crooked businessman. But he sure does sell alot of guns.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Perception is everything...

I don't get it. Don sells guns. He sells enough guns that he has been open and in business for over 40 years.
    The perception is that he is crooked. Rumors take them for what they are worth, is that the gun shop is not his only enterprise.

He's the same way now as he was when he first started out selling guns.
    Talk to some older retired cops, Don is not the same as he was when he first showed up many years ago.

Not everyone knows that Don demands a premium price for his goods and services...but don't blame Don for them being ignorant of his ways, he will soon show them the light.

I don't shop at Don's. I don't like Don's Guns, I don't feel welcome there, and I feel like I'm about to have my socks stolen without even having my shoes taken off. I'm glad Don is here though. We need more gun stores. No we don't need more guns stores like Dons Guns.

Perception is everything. The law abiding gun enthusiast community does not need a business that is perceived as corrupt, breaking the law or supporting criminal behavior. It causes distrust among the community in general and gives fuel to the anti 2A groups. It supports the stereotype of a shady gun shop. It does none of us any good. Ironically if you dismiss the perception of Dons Guns as less than on the level he still is clearing against your 2A rights. At the very least Dons Guns is a black eye for the gun enthusiast community. So yes by all means warn everyone, educate everyone.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    There is story now where he is on the news offering a reward of 10,0000 for information on the killer of the young man and his niece that got killed in Cumberland. IOt also says in the story that he is retired. A lady named Brenda is now the President of Don's. Here's the story:
    Don of Don's Guns offering reward to find killer of 7-year-old, her uncle | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

It is great for Don to step up like that. I hope it does help to catch this Scum.
    It was strange that Tuchman Cleaners ran the add with the Indy Star article about Don's reward.---This is the same cleaners that have a "No Guns" sign at the front of their stores??? Or at least used to...Bill.

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    So Don is offering a reward for people killed, likely by his guns. fantastic.

I went there once to use his range before I had my own gun. All I can say is wow. I went with 2 other guys to use the same lane. now it was late and we were the only ones there. I felt safe.....er inside than outside but felt a LOT safer once we had the sig we shot. his prices are dumb and misleading not to mention rediculous. the only reason I would EVER go back would be to hold a gun im looking at buying elsewere, Like at GM. that is the only similarity I see between the 2 places tho.

what GM lacks in variety, it makes uf for in safety and friendlyness. IMHO

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I heard he's a menber, he goes by the name ATM. :):
    He always says he's not here to make money, he just loves to OC. :rolleyes:

Not sure if it's true or not ... :dunno:

Ha ha ha, can you lean in a little closer to my microphone? ;)

immersive.jpg

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I don't get it. Don sells guns. He sells enough guns that he has been open and in business for over 40 years. He's the same way now as he was when he first started out selling guns. Not everyone knows that Don demands a premium price for his goods and services...but don't blame Don for them being ignorant of his ways, he will soon show them the light.

I don't shop at Don's. I don't like Don's Guns, I don't feel welcome there, and I feel like I'm about to have my socks stolen without even having my shoes taken off. I'm glad Don is here though. We need more gun stores.

Well said.

tsbolton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    DANVILLE
    Only purpose

Only thing Don's is good for is stop in and get a feel for a gun you are looking to buy elsewhere. If you ever get a chance to talk to his staff they are good for a couple laughs.

Top Bottom