• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Offering the same two idiotic choices over and over doesn't change the fact they are idiotic.

So you would limit the freedoms of our military members. Liberties you dismiss as not fundemental others would call an intrinsic right to expression. I think that makes you a nanny state loving statist. See how stupid that sounds?

And we neither expect or ask prisoners to do anything. We expect our military to be a cohesive unit in order to protec and defend this nation's way of life. The key word if you're looking for one is cohesive.

Sorry, but the Marine Corps I was in wasn't reducible to a mini-series that could be romanticized on HBO.
    You're right. I just said they could have every right besides hair, tattoos, etc.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What are the guys and gals in the military saying? Well, in Afghanistan the combat troopers don't have an issue with it. Neither do most of the others. One chaplains asst. has an issue with it, (but one would think that was to be expected) and a few others had personal problems of the same sort. I liked the take from the combat troops.
    ‘You’re gay? OK. Get back to work.’

Reactions to DADT repeal mixed among servicemembers - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Like I said, I tattooed someone the other day who didn't really care. He said his biggest concern was gay posters being hung up. I think everyone who is serving at least knows of someone who is a closet gay who doesn't cause problems.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    We were talking about this at work today. The Air Force leadership is focused on meeting the requirements with the least amount of drama. No one has expressed any negative concerns about working or deploying with someone who is gay. They are concerned about having to accomplish a new mandatory 4 hour Computer Based Training, (CBT) module that will be death by interactive information/training slides.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    General George Washington did not approve of soldiers that committed sodomy :

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - Homosexuals in the Military

Excellent point. However, our founders gave us a wonderful document in the Constitution. Said document does not list out Sodomy as a crime. Instead it leaves it to our society/states to declare what is and is not a crime. At the time, homosexual behavior was very much against the norm of societal thought.

Today, a case can be argued against that.

So, we have one over-riding authority that comes into play: the Constitution for the United States.

Is there any part of that document that limits or prohibits this idea?

If not, then does it not fall to our society to dictate through our representatives and elected officials what our military code of conduct should be? and who should be eligible to serve?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Word on the street is that some of higher up brass were told to make sure the numbers looked good in Obama's favor............. could be true could not be true... just sayin.
    I'm not buying that. I think the guys and gals in the military are reflective of the poll numbers. They just want people who can do the job. That's what surprised me in the Stars and Stripes article I posted above. The usual suspects here were making a fuss about combat soldiers being repulsed by this and, 'lo and behold, when the S&S actually went out into the field they found the opposite of what was being reported. At the end of the day this whole thing isn't even going to amount to a hiccup and only the truly butthurt will even remember it.

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ‘You’re gay? OK. Get back to work.’

I see.

Now enter Gunny Hyper-Sexual who is bi & lobbying for gay toleration in the showers.

'What's wrong with HER?? Not bad-azz enough to be tolerant?'

Mr. Jarrell, please just reassure the people this kinda thing won't happen. That's all it'll take-- your assurance.

At that point, as they say... It's on, Cuz! :starwars:

Could be avoided by maintaining DADT.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I see.

Now enter Gunny Hyper-Sexual who is bi & lobbying for gay toleration in the showers.

'What's wrong with HER?? Not bad-azz enough to be tolerant?'

Mr. Jarrell, please just reassure the people this kinda thing won't happen. That's all it'll take-- your assurance.

At that point, as they say... It's on, Cuz! :starwars:

Could be avoided by maintaining DADT.
    I really have to wonder why you people keep running back to the showers. Is that where the military spends all of their time? Taking long, hot showers till the wee hours of the morning? Give it a rest. As has already been pointed out more than once, most barracks don't have the open shower system, so the point is moot. Gay soldiers go to the showers for the same reason as straight ones do, (just as they did under DADT), to take a friggin' shower. It highly unlikely that anything at all will ever happen, as you assert, since it's not currently happening. Contrary to popular perverts opinions gays and lesbians aren't rapists and manage to control their lusts just like straight people.

Top Bottom