• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I went through Infantry Basic Training with 52 other guys in my platoon. We had partitions for the showers but no curtains. There may have been a gay guy in my platoon but if there was, nothing ever came up in the showers. Sex is the last thing on your mind for several weeks as you're too tire to even care about it. Besides, that's what the salt peter is for.:laugh: I suppose we were being gay when we had to stand in line nut to butt.:laugh:

Other than basic, the only time we ever had shared showers was when we went to the field. I managed to take a shower in the Spanish desert that was set up on the dirt floor. There was a walkway around the inside perimeter of the tent that was about 2' wide. You filed in as a group and you got 3 minutes to shower off 2 weeks worth of funk. It didn't matter if you were still lathered up, after 3 minutes the water was off. We laughed saying you wouldn't want to try to squeeze past the guy next to you. I didn't spend my time eyeballing others to determine if they were eyeballing me.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I have a question. Let me first say, i'm not in the military so I don't really have an opinion on the matter. So here is the question- Is it possible this is a governmentally "gotcha". I was listening to an unnamed radio show that happened to be interviewing a retired "JAG" investigator. He said while "don't ask don't tell is being repealed, sodomy has not been". Will this cause a bunch of individuals minding there own business to be scrutinized and subsequently be brought up on charges, in turn causeing a huge waste of tax payer money trying these types of cases. :dunno:

Secondarily, I was talking to some guys a work with about this topic and another issue came about. Segregated rooms for everyone when guys complain about not wanting to be in a co-op style housing?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Secondarily, I was talking to some guys a work with about this topic and another issue came about. Segregated rooms for everyone when guys complain about not wanting to be in a co-op style housing?

I was in for 3.5 years with the first 2.5 being in barracks and the last in my own apartment. I argued the whole time that regardless of a soldier's marital status that they should have their own rooms or given BAQ to get their own apartment like the married soldiers. Why should a single soldier have to share a room with someone while married soldiers get paid more to get their own place?

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Give it a rest.

J-Dog, I'm not gonna go back & forth with you on this. Or maybe another day.

I do not speak from the nether regions, as I am in service & I see what goes down.

Some of what happens is so cracked, it's stranger than fiction-- you gotta see it yourself to believe it.

Let me say that it's great that you are by-and-large cordial & level-headed about the matter.

Glad to discuss things with ya. :yesway:

Top Bottom