• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If prices come down as we all hope they will, then some will be patting themselves on the back for waiting. If the prices continue to go up, such as the prices on an original Thompson made before 1984, then we will look back and lament that we should have purchased when they were barely affordable.

Great thing about true Capitalism is that products are worth exactly what you are willing to pay. If you need flashlight batteries the day after a hurricane, it does not matter that they cost $5 each, and it does not matter that they will be back to $5 a package of 16 in 4 weeks. We are in a "Firearms Hurricane," so if you don't need it, don't buy it, and if you do need it, don't complain that the next guy is willing to pay 3 times what you think it is worth, because it is worth that much to him to make sure he has one.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    These threads complaining about high prices are a waste of time. Don't pay them if you don't want them. That's the 2nd best thing about capitalism, if you don't want it, you don't have to buy it.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I knew you guys would tear me up! Love you too. Remember, the truth about capitalism is that it will bite us all in the butt one day. Have fun selling your overpriced guns. :patriot:

How are they overpriced? Pricing is and always has been set by the buyer. Why on earth would someone sell anything for less than what it is currently worth...

rherron9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Its really simple. its not overpriced if people are buying it. if its overpriced no one buys and the price drops to whatever the buyer is willing to pay. yes it does suck if you want something you can't afford. but as long as there is a buyer the high prices will stay.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    No, you are wrong and need to read a basic econ book.

INGO has been cautioned to be nice to the newbies but threads of this ilk seem to be started by the not so experienced crowd.

He has a join date of 2009... Just because he doesn't chime in on every post does not make him a newby or inexperienced.

I don't agree with his logic myself, but that is no reason to make a personal attack :(

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In all this I see a little different angle. As impacting as the current firearms/ammo market is, we are not isolated from other factors. The National ecomony is in serious trouble. I believe I understand what it means when the interest on the debt is now twice as much as our net worth. Even though the government "says" we have no inflation, the dollar is continuing to buy less. Many people who were just hanging on a couple years ago, have lost so much ground that they are trying to make a buck anyway possible, even having to sell things they really want to keep their families afloat a little longer. Sure, some are greedy and using the opportunity for fast profit, but a lot of people are selling because they need to pay bills. I have bought a couple of overpriced items (that I really didn't even want) from friends that really just needed the money. Sad but true.

I predict that there will be a lot of people in financial trouble in the next year or so. I am not going to hate them because they are selling their stuff for an inflated price.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It is no more wrong for someone to sell a gun high if someone is willing to pay that amount that it is for someone to sell low for something nobody wants. How many people will give someone $500 for a gun that the seller had listed for $450 because the buyer thought the gun was worth $500? The gun is worth what someone will pay for it, whether that's higher or lower than it cost new.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Higher prices are the only thing that will discourage artificial shortages.

How many times have we heard: "So and so has P-Mags for $20, limit 10....I got my 10, but they're sold out now." 6 weeks ago, this person believed they had all the P-Mags they would ever need. Now, every time a less than horrible price is found, they buy all they can.

Higher prices mean more people have a chance to buy. Want the best of both worlds, both realistic prices and supply? Self-control and no panicking.....who am I kidding? That ain't going to happen.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    ButtHurt-1_zpsa488450a.jpg

You should take note and learn something from all this..

Top Bottom