• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Today I applied for my LTCH. I have had my LTC from PA for a while and carried everyday when I lived there. My dad got me into the shooting sports and we used to go every so often all throughout my childhood and teen years. He was an avid hunter and firearms user. He just never applied for his LTCH. I spoke to him today for the first time in 2 years and the subject of CC/Firearms came up( I sneak it in whenever I can lol). He actually asked" why do you need to carry?":dunno::xmad: I never thought in a million years he would not agree with CC/OC. His main concern was police harasment and weapon retention(with CC as well as OC). I just can't help but think if a US army vetern with 55+ years( he is in his late 70's) of firearms expirence can turn into a "half anti" how are we ever going to win the 2A fight? Just a few thoughts, thanks for wasting your time reading my vent:n00b:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've always been surprised at how many hunters don't support the Second Amendment or carry rights.

What you'll find a lot of times is that people who say such things are projecting their own fears about firearms on to you. They don't feel confident or competent enough to carry a firearm so they don't think you should either.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I've always been surprised at how many hunters don't support the Second Amendment or carry rights.

What you'll find a lot of times is that people who say such things are projecting their own fears about firearms on to you. They don't feel confident or competent enough to carry a firearm so they don't think you should either.

+1 Spent last night with my buddies. One thought you had to apply for a Concealed permit along with the LTCH in order to carry.

Some of my family members have no problem wiht hunting but, they don't think you need to carry a gun.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Some people don't get it. Probably the hunters that voted for Obama under the promise that he would not touch their right to blast whitetails.

this. i know it's a cliche, but people will go along with something as long as it doesn't affect them. They are just so short-sighted that they cannot see the slippery slope aspect of it.

Antis must be seen for what they are: anti-gun. They will not stop until all civilian firearms are banned. They know they have to take it one step at a time or risk backlash.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    +1 Spent last night with my buddies. One thought you had to apply for a Concealed permit along with the LTCH in order to carry.

Some of my family members have no problem wiht hunting but, they don't think you need to carry a gun.

Tell them not to carry a gun next time they go deer (or BEAR) hunting....and had them a wrist rocket. ;)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Some people call them Fudds (be vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbit) because they're hunters that don't support any other aspect of firearms. Some people fail to think outside their own interests.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

I think its the opposite... I don't feel that esrice should carry, I've seen him shoot :eek:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think a lot of it is lack of education. They do not understand the reason we have a second amendment. That was stamped out of our educational system long ago. Unfortunately they also are uncomfortable with the attitude that they see from some of the 2nd Amendment supporters. They feel that there is too much "in your face" in the movement. You saw that in the statement of the politician in another thread that is firmly on our side. But he was fearful of the public's reaction to the overt OC event he was warning about.

Top Bottom