Don't know if I'll replace my last ditch knife just yet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I carry a Lasky "The Knife" as my last ditch push knife with my EDC gear. I'm a fan of having something, anything to create havoc with should everything else fail.

However I found these today. $200 for the whole set. They shore are purdy.

1-carbon-fiber-dagger-bundle.jpg

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    So, what are some advantages of a knife in carbon fiber? I understand they don't really hold an edge. I imagine they are significantly lighter and easier to just stash. Just curious.

I agree, though, they are definitely "purdy"

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Are these used for just fighting for you? Or are you using them for when fit hits the shan? They are pretty but seem to be on the losing end if you need them to survive in the wild.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to me they are intended to be used as a defensive weapon and not an everyday use type of knife. I think that is what the OP is referring to as being the purpose.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    they don't hold and edge well but enough for what I believe he is talking about. they are non magnetic is a huge thing and are strong enough to be used over and over.

I believe our own tyler34 (black owl customs) makes these and for significantly cheaper. maybe go to his subforum and give him a shout.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    According to the site above, they don't hold a full knife edge that you would expect to use to cut or slice or shave. They're meant to be a push knife.

INGO member cubby has a short explanation of non-metallic knives and their use.

I call knives like these or "The Knife" a push knife even though they're not a t-handled knife because that's all they're good for, pushing into some soft fleshy part of a bad guy and causing damage repeatedly.

No, you wouldn't use them in the woods, but you might be able to cut an apple with them. They're meant as a last ditch knife or hideaway knife to use in an SD situation when all else fails or you can't carry metal.

Top Bottom