• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    An immigrant woman was walking her dog, when 2 NYPD officers accused her of leaving dog poop on the ground. She refused at first to obey their orders, but then finally capitulated when intimidated. Then she picked up the dog poop to find that it was cold. She smiled. Then the situation turned ugly.

The witness account gives me chills. All this over a piece of poop that came from someone else's dog. Beaten over a non-violent offense that she didn't commit.

Queens woman plans to file suit after she says cops beat her because she didn't pick up dog poo

YouTube - New York Cops Violently Assault Woman Over Dog Poop

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    but its just a small number of them that are causing problems:rolleyes:

seems like there have been an awful lot of incidents lately by this small majority

gemlit-eyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Respect my authorita

Hiring and training problem. Not respecting there authorita. The lady did not imediatly jump when told. lucky she was not a wood carver.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hiring or training problem?

Probably both. Perhaps also a sense that the general public is questioning government and "authority" more and the LEOs who have no business being LEOs are getting frustrated and acting out. Dunno. Just a thought.

I feel for this woman. That bruise on her chest looks awful.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow, funny how quick people are to jump on the bandwagon with only one side of this story being told.

I just hope that those of you on the bandwagon never find yourselves being judged as prematurely as you are judging those accused in this story.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    but its just a small number of them that are causing problems:rolleyes:

seems like there have been an awful lot of incidents lately by this small majority

The same could be said for Gun owners, Clergy, or any other group of people. People doing their job correctly, doing good deeds, and/or helping people in general does not make the news anymore.

People like/need to have someone/something to complain about.

Would you have posted in a thread about an Officer who bought Christmas presents for a family in need?

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    The same could be said for Gun owners, Clergy, or any other group of people. People doing their job correctly, doing good deeds, and/or helping people in general does not make the news anymore.

People like/need to have someone/something to complain about.

Would you have posted in a thread about an Officer who bought Christmas presents for a family in need?
    if i kept seeing it happening over and over yes i would have. im not basing my remarks off just what the news feeds me, im also basing this off personal experience from the past and video i see all the time.face it people are tired of the "mines bigger than yours " attitude And the "i can do whatever i want you had better respect me or else" attitude

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I cannot dispute any of your personal experiences. I will even agree that different areas or regions have different "styles" of policing.

However, as far as the videos go, in 2006 (the most recent numbers I could find) there were over 1.5 Million Police Officers in the United States. Even if we saw a dozen videos a month featuring 2 Police Officers each. That would be 288 Officers in a year. I do agree that it is far too many. However, that is only 1.9 thousandths of a percent. Which in actuality is less than even a few bad apples.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Wow, funny how quick people are to jump on the bandwagon with only one side of this story being told.

I just hope that those of you on the bandwagon never find yourselves being judged as prematurely as you are judging those accused in this story.

Actually, that seems like a quick conclusion right there.
    Did you actually WATCH the video?

The immigrant woman tells of her story, the ADDITIONAL DETAILS are given by someone that lives in the apartment complex and watched it happen.

Those are 2 different people.
    Police Dept declined to comment.

Sure, there are details missing, but not to immediately cast this woman as a victim.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    There are two sides to every story. Somewhere in the middle is where the truth is most often found.

Have you researched who the witness is? Is she a friend of the alleged victim?

People in general never conspire to defraud a government agency or insurance company and witnesses are never paid for their testimony.

I simply need to hear more before coming to a conclusion. After listening to just her story, it appears that the Officers acted out of line. If I only heard the Officer's story, I am sure that it would appear that she was combative. :twocents:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    if i kept seeing it happening over and over yes i would have. im not basing my remarks off just what the news feeds me, im also basing this off personal experience from the past and video i see all the time.face it people are tired of the "mines bigger than yours " attitude And the "i can do whatever i want you had better respect me or else" attitude
    but you have to remember that "bad news" is "good news". if the story was that a bunch of cops delivered presents to needy kids, you wouldn't give it a second thought. as soon as a police officer does something to violate someones right it is big news,

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What was this dispute over again? Dog poop? Do we seriously pay people to go follow people's dogs around making sure they poop in a legal fashion?

Somebody give me a spin on that one. This entire encounter was completely unnecessary. The fact that it ended the way it did is revolting.

Top Bottom