• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Threats of calamity are common when it comes to budgeting battles, but this one is disgraceful. There's lots of room in the Pentagons budgets for cuts that will not adversely affect their performance, but say that those cuts are coming and they get all up in arms and threaten a return to the draft, completely ignoring the fact that it costs the same amount for an all volunteer force. The cry babies up there need to get a grip and realise that they, too are part of the spending problem, (along with entitlements) and they have to be part of the solution, or else. It's a big crap sandwich and they have to take their bites, too.

Cartwright: Budget cuts could force a return to the draft - News - Stripes

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    draft.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    $400 Billion in 12 years will be too little, too late. Obama will be gone and the next fuhrer will escalate war against Eastasia. This hollow promise for cuts will be forgotten.

I fully expect the draft to happen again in the next generation, if not within a matter of years. Tyranny is growing by the day, and its only a matter of time before people are forced into servitude to the State. That should please the folks who like taking orders and think its a real character builder, LOL.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I cant see the the need for a draft as bad as the economy is,alot of young people trying to get into the military are turned down due to the fact that so many are reenlisting.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    $400 Billion in 12 years will be too little, too late. Obama will be gone and the next fuhrer will escalate war against Eastasia. This hollow promise for cuts will be forgotten.

I fully expect the draft to happen again in the next generation, if not within a matter of years. Tyranny is growing by the day, and its only a matter of time before people are forced into servitude to the State. That should please the folks who like taking orders and think its a real character builder, LOL.

They should start with all the people with there hands out. once the drafts start they should have to earn their handouts.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm a strong supporter of a strong military in whatever form is necessary to fulfill the objectives of the federal government with regards to the protection and defense of this nation. But mrjarrel is absolutely correct, there are plenty of areas of the defense budget that could be cut (completely) without sacrificing the ability to keep Americans safe.

However, given who's at the helm, I imagine a good portion of the concern is that the superfluous aspects of the budget would NOT be the items placed on the chopping block. I'm quite sure many members of the upper echelon are worried that the essentials are more likely to be cut because they're the ones required to make the military run.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    They should start with all the people with there hands out. once the drafts start they should have to earn their handouts.

cheers to that! When my wife and I had a child out of wedlock, The state saw fit to have a "counselor come to our house every two weeks and oversee the upbringing of our child for the first year....There came a time when she asked if we'd like some welfare from the state and I said no....she looked at me like I was from jupiter!
    Since then I make more than the national median income, gold stock and not to mention ammo stache. I worked for what I have and never accepted a handout; These asses holding there hands out for foodstamps so they can buy ribeye steaks need to go do some time at the national gaurd at least!!

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    If they start a draft, then they should comb all the forums and select all the chickenhawks who have been war promoting all this time.
    chickenhawk-783724.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Like I said in the other thread, it doesn't bother me if I was the one getting drafted, but I still think it's BS.

This brings up a question. If you get drafted and you're 30+ lbs overweight, do they just throw you into PCP until you're ready?

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    $400 Billion cut over 12 years......

Just a few days ago they passed a $649 Billion increase.

I wish conservatives could see that Big Military is just another means of bankrupting the nation.

War-Machine: $649 BILLION Defense Spending Bill

How much money should it take to defend the nation? Please answer with an amount, not with your well-known position on the current war and our bases overseas.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    How much money should it take to defend the nation? Please answer with an amount, not with your well-known position on the current war and our bases overseas.

How about at the very least cutting wasteful programs? I am no military expert by any means, but any dufus can see that military spending is out of control. Even if Rambone can't come up with an exact amount, it doesn't make his point any less valid. Personally, I think we should have to justify the spending. Cuts are already justified if the spending is not.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    $400 Billion cut over 12 years......

Just a few days ago they passed a $649 Billion increase.

I wish conservatives could see that Big Military is just another means of bankrupting the nation.

War-Machine: $649 BILLION Defense Spending Bill

You are barking up the wrong tree if total monies is your argument. Why is it I never see you complaining about the entitlement programs (SS, medicare, medicaid) that take up 60% of federal budget the way I see you complaining about military spending?

Sure, go ahead and don't pass that budget and for the sake of argument, let's stop all defense spending cold turkey. Where does that leave us?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    How about at the very least cutting wasteful programs? I am no military expert by any means, but any dufus can see that military spending is out of control. Even if Rambone can't come up with an exact amount, it doesn't make his point any less valid. Personally, I think we should have to justify the spending. Cuts are already justified if the spending is not.

Okay, let's do it. Which wasteful programs?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You are barking up the wrong tree if total monies is your argument. Why is it I never see you complaining about the entitlement programs (SS, medicare, medicaid) that take up 60% of federal budget the way I see you complaining about military spending?

I think the reason he rarely complains about those programs is because they aren't held up as a sacred idol here on INGO, the way military spending is.

Most of us agree that entitlements should be cut. There's not really even any point discussing it. But even some of the most fiscally conservative people here completely support the never-ending wars and military spending.

I don't know that anyone here can break down the entire military budget and decide what should and shouldn't be cut. I think a standing army is probably a necessity and I'm certainly not informed enough on the matter to argue otherwise.

One does not need to become an accountant and calculate the entire U.S. military budget to make the assertion that some of our military involvement internationally is unnecessary and wasteful.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I think the reason he rarely complains about those programs is because they aren't held up as a sacred idol here on INGO, the way military spending is.

Most of us agree that entitlements should be cut. There's not really even any point discussing it. But even some of the most fiscally conservative people here completely support the never-ending wars and military spending.

I don't know that anyone here can break down the entire military budget and decide what should and shouldn't be cut. I think a standing army is probably a necessity and I'm certainly not informed enough on the matter to argue otherwise.

One does not need to become an accountant and calculate the entire U.S. military budget to make the assertion that some of our military involvement internationally is unnecessary and wasteful.

:+1:

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    While I'm no expect, I am a DoD contracting officer, and if we did our contracting/procuring better, lots of money could be saved. We've gotten into too much sole source and giving too much profit. Government contractors are NOT very good stewarts of the projects they are given. -- Greg

Top Bottom