• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mortblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    The kids moved away, the wife passed away, sooooo***

Last time this happened to me I had to blame it on the cat!

The cat calimed not guilty due to lack of thumbs.

When you confront the kids and they claim "NO WAY" what are you going to do?

Let's face it, if you are old enough to have grown kids and a wife in menopause you have all the primary qulaifications for "sometimer's disease".

I can tell if my edc gun is loaded the instant I pick it up, the weight and balance are drastically different.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    A single thread that combines the Shower thread with the Press Check thread. Plus a few more thrown in for good measure. Awesome.

Can't anyone tell by weight that their gun isn't loaded? Maybe that is easier with an auto than a revolver.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Well..... it could have been me but, if anyone living in this house thinks this is funny, maybe its time to hit the road!
    I cant help but wonder why 2 nearly 30 year old men are still living at home????

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A single thread that combines the Shower thread with the Press Check thread. Plus a few more thrown in for good measure. Awesome.

Can't anyone tell by weight that their gun isn't loaded? Maybe that is easier with an auto than a revolver.

I give my revolver a shake when I pick it up.
    You can hear the rounds rattling in the cylinder.
    You don't even need to look at it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

You really can't tell with the SP101. It's a nice, relatively heavy piece compared to the air weights out there. And 5 rounds of .357 doesn't really weigh that much. I can definitely feel 15 rounds of 180gr .40 S&W in my G23.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The shower in the team room at Tactical Response.

529613_3803239836038_791909484_n.jpg

And that is just to fight to the AK that is always sitting next to the shower ready to go.

SyntorX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You may have R.U.S.? Restless. Unloading. Syndrome. I'd check with the doc...there's probably a pill for it.

Sorry, I'm just feeling like a smart@@@ today...its me not you...not "me that unloaded your gun without you knowing" - "me:the smarta@@"

Makes ya want to check your weapon each time.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hell Man, I thought you were talking about Our house of representatives here in Indiana and in Washington DC. I was going to agree with you.

Oh well, I'll still agree. Do not trust anyone in the House; yours or Ours.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Yes, I COULD have oldtimers..... as a matter of fact my mother died from that, and it is very likely that I will die that way if I live long enough. I just thank God that Diabetes is likely to kill me long before that (What a stroke of luck!) The problem is that the bullets are MISSING, not just misplaced. NO, I don't believe that I have lost the ammo from a closed gun and kept the ones in my wallet, plus my keys and phone and knife.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Well time to play your own game , and tell everyone that you called the Police to report stolen bullets. They are on the list to be questioned by the local LEO.
    Just try to keep a striaght face.
    Then tell them , when you least expect it, expect it. pay backs are a .....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never check mine, because I know it is loaded. It is part of the cleaning process. Unload, clean, reload and make sure one is in the chamber and the mag is topped off). Sort of weird thinking about someone sneaking around unloading someone else's pistol/revolver.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to know why.

Why would someone do that OP?

Have you been aggressive lately? Depressed? If you need to express yourself please do.
    Why would they feel like they should be allowed to do this?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Our need to shower occasionally is why God inspired Glock to make Glocks.

As far as checking vs "knowing" that it's loaded, I remember a story told by Mr. Louis Awerbuck several times. When he suggests that you "check your weapons," he means it. On several occasions he has related the tale of a self-identified "SWAT" police officer who returned to the line after a trip to the porta potty. Louis suggested that he check his weapons, whereupon he stated that he didn't need to check his weapons because, "It didn't unload itself in the *****er." The punchline is that on the first drill, his weapon was unloaded, no magazine. "Click."

The point is, humans get distracted and our memories are not perfect. If you have the opportunity to safely check the status of your weapon when you need to handle it (like when getting dressed in the morning), DO IT. To operate under the mindset that it can't happen to you (i.e. forgetting that you unloaded and forgot to reload) is hubris that may someday have embarrassing or more serious consequences.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    LUCY, you got some splaining to do........

If it turns out to be the "boys", and that does seem to be the correct discription, they'd be living elsewhere pronto. Like starting tonight.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Remember the other day when you went to the range? Yeah, I bet you simply loaded what you had left, With the intention to fix it later.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I never check mine, because I know it is loaded. It is part of the cleaning process. Unload, clean, reload and make sure one is in the chamber and the mag is topped off). Sort of weird thinking about someone sneaking around unloading someone else's pistol/revolver.

I don't either, for exactly the same reason.

Top Bottom