• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's an idea: next time it snows, I'll call up some of you who get so bent out of shape, and you can come clean it off.

what you people get your panties in a twist over. Life must be pretty damn good if that's all you have to worry about.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I did not read all the posts. Ill admit that but ill chime in. A couple of winters ago, a piece if ice came off the roof of a vehicle going the opposite direction on I-65, so separated by a couple of lanes of traffic and a good sized median, that went then through the windshield of my brothers Pete hard enough to dent the back of the sleeper cab. Lucky for him, he only got a couple of flecks of glass in his face and it cost him a windshield which is relatively affordable on a Peterbilt, but had it come closer to the drivers side, it could have been real bad. Even fatal. My point is, do the best you can to clean off your car please. It does not happen often, but it can.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I never follow people too closely in this weather so I never have paid much attention to snow falling off their vehicle.

I never follow people too closely, weather doesn't matter. When people ride my bumper, I'll brake check in all weather. If they're in such a hurry, I don't really care if I **** them off. I also don't really care if we both go flying off the road and end up crushed by trees. Stupid people need to learn to leave a bit earlier if they're constantly riding bumpers because they're afraid they're going to be late.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been driving in this crap all week and the VAST majority of the cars guilty of the OP's observations have no luggage racks, those vehicles I understand. They are cars and other small vehicles where the driver was too lazy to take a few minutes to clean off their car. In fact, many of them just clean a very small peep hole in the windshield and that is it. I don't hate them, I just shake my head. I shake my head at sooooooooo many drivers this week. Drivers that feel that to prevent getting stuck on a slick bridge, one must spin the FWD tires so fast as to create a white cloud obscuring said bridge from view. Drivers that see my flashing red/blue lights as I shut a bridge down and figure it means all they have to do is go around me. Or the driver of a 4x4 yelling at me for shutting down the bridge saying that since he has a 4x4 he should be allowed to pass. Or the driver of the car traveling in front of me as we both go 25mph in a straight line and for some unknown reason starts spinning out of control. How the hell does that happen? I have seen cars off the road at angles and positions that leave you scratching your head. I don't HATE anyone but this week was awful and my view of drivers has dimmed.
    These are the same drivers who think that because their car isn't moving or isn't moving fast enough that they must give it more gas. I can't count the number of times I've seen that this week. The only time I got out of hand was due to the packed ice, sent the back of the car out left about three feet or so at 15 - 20. I think the guy coming toward me was a little worried I just thought weeeee.

I don't mind snow on roofs so much as ice. I've come close to being blasted before by flying ice. After it leaves a vehicles roof @ 50 - 70 mph it is very unpredictable. I do completely clean off my vehicles if the snow is more than a dusting.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The roof or trunk is one thing. Those who don't clear their window to see are just plane idiots. Why would you not want a clear view of everything around you as you would on a sunny day? I prefer to see what's going on around me, particularly when every other moron is a potential out of control heavy metal missile.

Because the real world can be scary and don't want to see it all at once maybe

Top Bottom