Don't you wish your shotgun was hot like mine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "old" and "busted":

The New Hotness:

Just a standard Remington 870 12ga.

Magpul SGA stock in FDE
    Magpul fore end in FDE
    Magpul low cheek riser in BLK
    Magpul receiver sling mount
    Magpul forward sling mount / clamp

I do have an oversized safety button as well - but upon installation, the blasted thing is WAY too stiff. Way way way way too stiff. Will have to talk to USDS in Greenwood to figure out the issue.

Low cheek riser may or may not stay...

The rear sling mount seems like it'll be in the way upon firing. It's CLOSE to my hand as I grip it. Will see if it interferes under recoil.

Special thanks to INGO advertiser hoosierdoc + Hartatac.com for the majority of the goodies!

-J-

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Looks like a nice setup! I put a used factory wood stock on mine and put a bunch of rounds through it last week. Mine has an 18.5" barrel and it pointed, handled and shot great. Think I will leave it as is for awhile.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This is an 18" barrel with a +1 extension. Factory Rem extension, but not OEM with this particular gun.

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    My experience in putting the SGA and forend on an 870 was a positive one. It seemed to reduce the recoil and muzzle rise quite a bit. The spacers make adjusting the length of pull a snap. I highly recommend these stocks!

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I have the same set up and the rear sling mount doesn't get in the way at all with mine. I have a single point Troy sling that I use for all my long guns and it clips in and works great.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Buddy of mine put the same stock on mossberg and it basically immediately broke the safety.
    good thing Remington makes quality weapons haha

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    More properly: Now Your shotgun is hot, like mine.

Whatever happened to that Fitz guy? I was looking forward to some black grip panels...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Final parts were installed recently...

I bought an oversized safety from USDS and promptly installed it backwards. It wouldn't work. Mike set me straight and didn't even make that much fun of me.

Of course - in the process of that, I lost a part https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/341191-gah-lost-itty-bitty-teeny-tiny-part.html

Ordered one from Brownells along with this: SHOTGUN FOLLOWERS | Brownells Part# 080-000-237WB The orange aluminum one.

Now I just need to put in the little adhesive rubber pads into the front barrel clamp / sling mount to keep it from wearing a hole in the barrel and the mag tube and it'll be 100% complete!!!

If I could just find the time to shoot it...

-J-

Top Bottom