• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That guy is an idiot. It ppl like him, with their "uhhhh, maybe I should have reconsidered that" actions that give anti-gunners the fuel they need. C'mon really, he shows up for a late showing of Batman, with a bag contains a gun and spare mags. He also has a wife who apparently doesn't like movies and allows her husband to go see them by himself. Ha! Wives aren't that cool....

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    One count of carrying a weapon with a disability? Didn't know they made crutches for glocks :rolleyes:

Ouch... Funny... Interesting enough though, I was on an online ammo site earlier and saw a product called a "slide splint" available only for glocks. I do not know if the manufacturer has them available just for glocks because they are numerous or because glocks have that need.

If the guy did bring this gear for personal protection, he should be aware of the law in Ohio and the consequences for violating that state's law. If he was that concerned for his safety, wait for the movie to be available on Blu ray and watch it at home with your family. Which did strike me as peculiar that he did not have his wife with him. I would not leave my Lady home while I went to the movies by myself...

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That guy is an idiot. It ppl like him, with their "uhhhh, maybe I should have reconsidered that" actions that give anti-gunners the fuel they need. C'mon really, he shows up for a late showing of Batman, with a bag contains a gun and spare mags. He also has a wife who apparently doesn't like movies and allows her husband to go see them by himself. Ha! Wives aren't that cool....

People carry in a bag/satchel/man purse all the time. I don't see how this makes him an idiot in any way. It's not like he was carrying it around in a duffel bag.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    People carry in a bag/satchel/man purse all the time. I don't see how this makes him an idiot in any way. It's not like he was carrying it around in a duffel bag.

By "People" you mean "homosexuals" right? :)

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One count of carrying a weapon with a disability? Didn't know they made crutches for glocks :rolleyes:

8FPAn.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

So (correct this if I'm wrong), they basically charged him with carrying concealed without a license/permit... and the search of his home was conducted either; with a warrant (on what grounds?) or with consent of the wife?
    And then the neighbor says basically she thinks he was going to be a copy cat? But everything was cordial and the man was just sitting there waiting for the movie...? And also, the back row center seat is tactical? I'd think a corner seat for easy movement out would be... not climbing over half a row of popcorn eating root beer swilling Twizzler munchers.
    wtf?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So (correct this if I'm wrong), they basically charged him with carrying concealed without a license/permit... and the search of his home was conducted either; with a warrant (on what grounds?) or with consent of the wife?
    And then the neighbor says basically she thinks he was going to be a copy cat? But everything was cordial and the man was just sitting there waiting for the movie...? And also, the back row center seat is tactical? I'd think a corner seat for easy movement out would be... not climbing over half a row of popcorn eating root beer swilling Twizzler munchers.
    wtf?
    I would hope they got a warrant to search, but as it's Ohio, one can never tell. As for the charges, it looks like they'll definitely gig him on the carrying without a license...and likely as many others as they can pile on.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    From this story - North Ridgeville man arrested for bringing gun, knives into Westlake showing of 'Dark Knight Rises' | cleveland.com

They said they searched his North Ridgeville home Monday night and confiscated several items:
    - 7 handguns
    - 12 long guns (shot guns or riffles) - riffles? seriously? spell check is your friend
    - Thousands of rounds of ammunition - 3 bricks of .22lr and a half dozen boxes of 9mm I'm sure
    - Gas mask - found suspiciously next to an air compressor and paint sprayer
    - Survivalist materials - 2 Mountain House meals, an MRE from 1996, and a topo map of the woods behind his house
    - Ballistics materials

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Interestingly enough, he was also charged with "having weapons under disability," which I thought was odd, so I looked it up as it pertains to Ohio...

Under Ohio Revised Code (“R.C.”) Section 2923.13 a disability can be any of the following:
    (1) a fugitive from justice
    (2) is under indictment for or has been convicted of any felony offense of violence
    (3) has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence
    (4) is under indictment for or has been convicted of any offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse
    (5) has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been an offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse
    (6) is drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic
    (7) is under adjudication of mental incompetence, has been adjudicated as a mental defective, has been committed to a mental institution, has been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or is an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Interestingly enough, he was also charged with "having weapons under disability," which I thought was odd, so I looked it up as it pertains to Ohio...

Under Ohio Revised Code (“R.C.”) Section 2923.13 a disability can be any of the following:
    (1) a fugitive from justice
    (2) is under indictment for or has been convicted of any felony offense of violence
    (3) has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence
    (4) is under indictment for or has been convicted of any offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse
    (5) has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been an offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse
    (6) is drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic
    (7) is under adjudication of mental incompetence, has been adjudicated as a mental defective, has been committed to a mental institution, has been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or is an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation.
    Good find. I just assumed it meant he was carrying a Glock.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "...in danger of drug dependence"

Jeesus H... let's get out the rod n reel and nets for trolling cuz the state of Ohio has one heck of a vague wording.

That could mean anyone with a pack of smokes, OTC cough syrup, beer, or mouthwash.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    What is with the line he had several guns at home.
    That's like aprehending a drunk driver and then reporting that he had 12 cases of Budweiser at his home.
    Yeah, your right, but that won't stop the 24/7 news from reporting stupid information. Guess they have to fill the air time, just to justify their paychecks. I think we were better off before 24/7 news.

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    What the public read:

A Dark Knight copycat was armed to the teeth with a Glock assault pistol and extra clips sitting in a location holding a tactical advantage over his victims.

Upon raiding the house of this drug dependent serial killer we found thousands of rounds of ammo, survival equipment, and even a gas mask.

What I read:

Idiot totes gun without proper conceal carry license.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm here for the satchel talk. I carry one and love it. I'd love for one of you to call Burl a homo for carrying one. Me? I'll just laugh at you and call you names you won't understand.

Also, it's not a skirt, it's a kilt.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I'm here for the satchel talk. I carry one and love it. I'd love for one of you to call Burl a homo for carrying one. Me? I'll just laugh at you and call you names you won't understand.

Also, it's not a skirt, it's a kilt.

I for one would LOVE to call Burl a homo. In fact I shall.

And yeah, man satchels.

Please tell me... its not one of these.

0403k9_1502_detail.jpg

Top Bottom