• ...and so much more!
  • huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    Watched Doomsday Bunkers show last night

All that cash it costs I can never aford that much.

Makes me feel that the guns{more then i need},ammo{10,000 + rds.},water {1,500 gal.} and food {I have for 6 mo. is not enought.}

Will I survive?? Im on a limeted income I can only do so much.

I need a bunker!:ar15:

any Ideas???

Last edited:

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Wow I'm behind big time I thought I was doing good with 6 guns 2000 rds and a month of food. But I do have plenty of water(well)...".....I'm screwed

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Get a conex box, dig a bit hole. cement on the bottom put in conex box, manufacture a hatch above ground, an air breather hole, more cement around it, and fill back in.

At a deer camp I went to they had two conex boxes as camp. Nice setup.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Resources don't matter much if you have more people with more guns. :) Then you can just take what you want. So go spend your money on buying guns and friends.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I started watching 10 minutes in, and thought it was ok. I don't quite believe the guy's generator was stolen. The cinder blocks looked like they had just been thrown down out of a wheel barrow and didn't appear to have any mortar on them (especially if the hole was 2' deep, as claimed). Also, I don't understand why the guy spent so much time, effort, and resources on the camera turret if it's not legal, not able to be used, and wasn't going to solve the problem.

Just my opinion. :dunno:

Get a conex box, dig a bit hole. cement on the bottom put in conex box, manufacture a hatch above ground, an air breather hole, more cement around it, and fill back in.

At a deer camp I went to they had two conex boxes as camp. Nice setup.
    Conex boxes are not good for being buried.

gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Farm Near St Anthony, Indiana
    I should be on this show I have anything you could think of except the bunker.
    My List
    100+ M16 AR15 Mags
    Over 1000 Coats, Parkas, And Field Jackets
    400 Canteens
    30 Tactical Vests
    200 Duffle bags
    25 Tents
    And several tons of Mixed Field Gear.
    It seemed like a better investment then Gold.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I should be on this show I have anything you could think of except the bunker.
    My List
    100+ M16 AR15 Mags
    Over 1000 Coats, Parkas, And Field Jackets
    400 Canteens
    30 Tactical Vests
    200 Duffle bags
    25 Tents
    And several tons of Mixed Field Gear.
    It seemed like a better investment then Gold.

Seems like one person with a gun in a SHTF could take that all away from you. Maybe invest in a AR's to go with those mags. :)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Resources don't matter much if you have more people with more guns. :) Then you can just take what you want. So go spend your money on buying guns and friends.

WOW, seriously? Why not just take what ever you want from people right now? I really don't mean to say "you" as in pirate, but it is my opinion that a lot of younger people have not been raised to consider right vs wrong, they were at best taught consequences based on getting caught or not. This will greatly change the likelihood of people helping each other out in dire times. I think if the SHTF YEARS ago the result would be different (better) than if it did today or in the future if the trend in moral education kids get from their parents continues.

Is the difference that you might get caught now and after a society collapse you will not have consequences? If so you need to evaluate who really makes your decisions for you. In my opinion the collapse of society does not have a bearing on things like integrity and right vs wrong. It WOULD greatly change the conditions and information that is used in the LOGIC behind decisions. If you feel a little euphoria when you imagine the lack of a structured society you might be basing your decisions on whether you get caught.:dunno:

Last edited:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    dangit pirate...your not supposed to let them all know that were coming for them...now theyl be even more ready.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    WOW, seriously? Why not just take what ever you want from people right now? I really don't mean to say "you" as in pirate, but it is my opinion that a lot of younger people have not been raised to consider right vs wrong, they were at best taught consequences based on getting caught or not. This will greatly change the likelihood of people helping each other out in dire times. I think if the SHTF YEARS ago the result would be different (better) than if it did today or in the future if the trend in moral education kids get from their parents continues.

Is the difference that you might get caught now and after a society collapse you will not have consequences? If so you need to evaluate who really makes your decisions for you. In my opinion the collapse of society does not have a bearing on things like integrity and right vs wrong. It WOULD greatly change the conditions and information that is used in the LOGIC behind decisions. If you feel a little euphoria when you imagine the lack of a structured society you might be basing your decisions on whether you get caught.:dunno:

They get too wrapped up in the fantasy of no repercussions that tend to follow along with Anarchy/Zombie/EOTWAWKI trains of thought.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    They get too wrapped up in the fantasy of no repercussions that tend to follow along with Anarchy/Zombie/EOTWAWKI trains of thought.

yes they do...then i remind all my friends that lots and lots of other people have guns...and to go around as a marauding gang is a very good way of getting youself shot (does that count as a repercussion?)

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Eh, I thought it was retty lame, myself. So full of holes that it was laughable. I mean, c'mon, if you are living underground and have to use an air filtration system, how in the hell are you going to run and fuel a generator? And that excuse of a door was laughable. I can build a thermite charge that would breach it in minutes. Not to mention shooting it up with 5.56 and .45, placing a tannerite charge, and then not continuing the breach! What a load of crap.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

Why take things now? There are laws in place and followed currently by most of the masses because there is an absence of an actual SHTF. Things are working as they should. Has nothing to do with getting caught. Has to do with a person's selfish instincts of self-preservation.

If you think people as a whole would act civil and be their brothers keeper during a true STHF, than I have some ocean front property I can sell ya. Its a great idea, but even in our short history of SHTF scenarios here in the U.S; people have turned into animals. The only thing that kept them from progressing into jungle carnage was the fact that the SHTF was short lived and isolated geographically where outside help could fix the situation quickly.

Take away medical, food, electricty, gas, shelter, clean water...etc in a widespread national scale and society would turn into survival of the fittest. Most people just wouldn't know what to do and would revert to their natural self preservation instincts. They would either thrive to new order or fall by the way side.

I would love nothing more than to see everyone work together when a SHTF happened. It just wouldn't be likely until the grounds were established and the smoke cleared(new order). Allowing the rebuilding to begin in somewhat understood and agreeable terms by all that are left and involved.. There is evil everywhere. :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom