• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    BTW...here's a copy of his booking photo.

31745.jpg
    :laugh:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yeah, they should have waited for the feds to arrive. Then they would have waited weeks, then burned him out with the same result.
    Yup....
    Dorner decided how and when he was going to die.
    He could have surrendered right up to the moment he blew his own brains out.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yup....
    Dorner decided how and when he was going to die.
    He could have surrendered right up to the moment he blew his own brains out.

After the vast amount of restraint demonstrated by the police when they encountered random pickup trucks on the street, I'm sure they wouldn't have fired upon him if he was surrendering.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm not quite comfortable with the fact that a few of the officers here on INGO seem giddy with excitement that this murderer was burned to a crisp. I could be mistaken, but I was under the belief that police officers were not to serve as judge, jury, and executioner. Their argument that this was a defensive killing was void as soon as he decided to hold up in a building. Regardless of his earlier actions, Dorner was in a defensive position in the cabin. The police made the decision to storm the cabin and burn him out. They could have just as easily set up some type of perimeter and waited, unless there is a four hour rule on standoffs that I'm unaware of. I have a suspicion that this standoff would have lasted a lot longer before the cops took any action had he attacked a regular person instead of a police officer.
    Giddy with excitement? No. Glad the murdering SOB won't be killing anyone else? Absolutely.

BTW...he took his own life. I'm quite comfortable with his decision.

As long as police officers in Indiana are 1800 miles from L.A. and had no part in the decision process of those events, they, like anyone else, are free to form their own personal opinions about Dorner and express them. :twocents:

I know you pay their salary...but you don't pay that much.

Last edited:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    BTW...he took his own life. I'm quite comfortable with his decision.

Let's review his options:

1. Burn Alive

2. Likely be shot by the police an unknown number of times while attempting to surrender. (if their accuracy in the innocent truck shootings was taken into consideration, a quite painful end)

3. Suicide

I think that everyone here agrees that Dorner was an evil man, but what we don't agree on is whether or not the police intended to capture him alive. I would say that the truck shootings indicate that there was no desire to capture him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Let's review his options:

1. Burn Alive

2. Likely be shot by the police an unknown number of times while attempting to surrender. (if their accuracy in the innocent truck shootings was taken into consideration, a quite painful end)

3. Suicide

I think that everyone here agrees that Dorner was an evil man, but what we don't agree on is whether or not the police intended to capture him alive. I would say that the truck shootings indicate that there was no desire to capture him.

Well I guess he shouldn't have put himself in that position then. Think as you like but if he would have given up and done as told he would be alive today. But as it stands I kinda like the outcome just the same.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Think as you like but if he would have given up and done as told he would be alive today.

Do you really think that this would have been the case? The point that some of us are trying to make is that after the truck shooting incidents, it became clear that they were trying to go on the offense in killing him.

I agree that it would have been far better for this murdering POS to surrender, but at the same time I think he still would have ended up dead.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Do you really think that this would have been the case? The point that some of us are trying to make is that after the truck shooting incidents, it became clear that they were trying to go on the offense in killing him.

I agree that it would have been far better for this murdering POS to surrender, but at the same time I think he still would have ended up dead.

While I agree that the "truck shooting" was an egregious error and the officers should be severely disciplined - assuming there isn't some extenuating circumstance extant that was not reported - it seems to me that a fine line exists between attempting to make an arrest of an unknown subject, and attempting to neutralize a known threat who has demonstrated the willingness to kill without warning. If there were ever a case where personal survival would be indicated over attempting a peaceful arrest, this was that situation.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    While I agree that the "truck shooting" was an egregious error and the officers should be severely disciplined - assuming there isn't some extenuating circumstance extant that was not reported - it seems to me that a fine line exists between attempting to make an arrest of an unknown subject, and attempting to neutralize a known threat who has demonstrated the willingness to kill without warning. If there were ever a case where personal survival would be indicated over attempting a peaceful arrest, this was that situation.

And what of the personal survival of the 3 innocents shot at by the cops?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Well said. I have a better chance of getting beatified in spite of not being Catholic and Dorner had of being allowed to surrender alive.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I have a better chance of getting beatified in spite of not being Catholic and Dorner had of being allowed to surrender alive.

Is there anyone who seriously thought that this would end with Dormer not dead?
    Opinion and speculation.

Just as my opinion is that had Dorner thrown up his hands and walked out the back door of that cabin, rather than fire on the police as he came out the door, he'd be alive in a jail cell awaiting trial right now.

I guess we'll never know the real answer. And I'll sleep well tonight. He assured his own demise, IMO.

And what of the personal survival of the 3 innocents shot at by the cops?

As for the innocent people that were shot at, those circumstances were unacceptable. I hope both sides get everything they have coming to them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Opinion and speculation.

Just as my opinion is that had Dorner thrown up his hands and walked out the back door of that cabin, rather than fire on the police as he came out the door, he'd be alive in a jail cell awaiting trial right now.

I guess we'll never know the real answer. And I'll sleep well tonight. He assured his own demise, IMO.

As for the innocent people that were shot at, those circumstances were unacceptable. I hope both sides get everything they have coming to them.

Any charges been filed yet?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I honestly could not tell you. But to my knowledge, no.

I would hope those people have contacted an attorney, I know I would have.

I think that us non LEO need to start up the Fraternal Order of Citizens to pay our attorney fees like the LEO shooters will have their fellow officers to pay theirs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Opinion and speculation.

Other than your pro-LE fantasy, how can you defend any other conclusion? Drawing down on everyone on the highway, opening fire on people without even bothering to identify the target first, how can you form any reasonable conclusion other than that this was intended as an execution and not an apprehension?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Latest update on this situation......

He is still taking a dirt nap.

Of course he is. It has generally been accepted this time. What about next time when a similar hunt/kill missions grows out of a less inflammatory offense? And the one after that even less so, and so on until we reach a point at which 'justice' is administered without the accused ever seeing a court or even being charged? Don't forget that rights which are now egregiously violated on a daily basis once had those violations reserved for the worst, lowest, and most dangerous with our collective blessing. Now, one more time, how is that working out for us? If this continues to its logical conclusion, we will soon see the time when the police will be efficient enough at violating us that criminals will be obsolete and unnecessary.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Of course he is. It has generally been accepted this time. What about next time when a similar hunt/kill missions grows out of a less inflammatory offense? And the one after that even less so, and so on until we reach a point at which 'justice' is administered without the accused ever seeing a court or even being charged? Don't forget that rights which are now egregiously violated on a daily basis once had those violations reserved for the worst, lowest, and most dangerous with our collective blessing. Now, one more time, how is that working out for us? If this continues to its logical conclusion, we will soon see the time when the police will be efficient enough at violating us that criminals will be obsolete and unnecessary.

Well, now I know why aluminum foil is in short supply.

Top Bottom