• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've not heard of someone wanting both barrels to fire simultaneously. Usually, that's a sign of trigger problem. However, I concur, a double trigger, pulled at the same time with two fingers would reasonably accomplish both barrels firing nearly at the same time.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    My Stevens 5100 will fire both if you pull both at the same time. She kicks a bit when you do that though!

I was my understanding that some of them are designed to fire both barrels if you pull the front trigger first. Is that not right?

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    if it's got two triggers it problebly will fire both barrells, but the question is WHY?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Older guns, double triggers, good way to crack the stock.

If you want a gun to throw a larger pattern, use a 10 Gauge, 3-1/2" shell, with a spreader load. That's 2 oz of #2's at 1300fps, and will clear a hallway in a hurry

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I've got the Norinco coach gun. It has two triggers and both can be fired simultaneously. Doesn't kick as bad as you would think but I've only been using 2-3/4 shells and #6 shot.
    norinco99w.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My Stevens 5100 will fire both if you pull both at the same time. She kicks a bit when you do that though!

I was my understanding that some of them are designed to fire both barrels if you pull the front trigger first. Is that not right?

It'd be illegal if it was designed or modified to fire more than 1 shot per pull of the trigger.

Coach gun getting BATF'd as a machine gun, hilarious but possible.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    It'd be illegal if it was designed or modified to fire more than 1 shot per pull of the trigger.

Coach gun getting BATF'd as a machine gun, hilarious but possible.
    The gun I fired that operated that way was a very old design. Could be they used to build them that way, but can't any more. :dunno:

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    There are some 311's and 5100's that fire both barrels at once but they're not intended to be that way. It's caused by a mechanical problem. Worn or broken sears or hammers and or sear levers bent or out of adjustment. Can also be sear spring has lost tension and not forcing the sear solidly into the notch. Can also be plain old dirty but it isn't supposed to function that way. I have a three trigger Stevens Double Barrel like the one used in Tombstone(the movie) that many people thought was made to fire both barrels at once but it wasn't, the third trigger opens the barrels only.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    At Cowboy matches, two targets. :draw: 12 guage hammergun loaded up with real blackpowder.

Hit the first, miss the second. :xmad:

Reload both barrels and pull BOTH triggers. :rockwoot:

That knock-down will go down, and you cain't even see me smilin' thru the smoke!

ol' poke.

Top Bottom