• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We tend to see the hypocrisies and double standards in those of the “other team” much easier than those of “our team”. It’s human nature.

And it has been going on as long as I can remember. As long as the double standard was limited to those of 'good breeding and high social standing' it wasn't thought to be so much of a problem

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...ety/200805/the-top-seven-kennedy-sex-scandals
    The Top Seven Kennedy Sex Scandals

What could most interfere with Ted Kennedy's passage to Heaven (as it frustrated his aspirations to be president) was his involvement in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. Following a party with six young female campaign workers on the island of Chappaquiddick, Kennedy was giving Kopechne a ride back to her hotel when he drove off a bridge. Kopechne drowned in the car, and Kennedy left the scene to consult with Kennedy family advisers. In fact, he never reported the incident, which was discovered independently the next morning! Kennedy was charged only with leaving the scene of an accident.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is this really a path we want to travel down? Lol.

IKR.

:popcorn:

We can! But I certainly did not expect this to be contentious.

giphy.gif

INGO's not that much of an echo chamber. And do we really need another "liberals are bad, and conservatives are perfect" thread?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, that's because of inflation

And because people always seem to define 'rich' as people who have more than they do, no matter how much they might have. I am reminded of a study a few years ago in which people having annual income ove $1 million per year thought they were not rich but were upper middle class because they lived in the greater NYC area where all the things they thought they needed (enviable digs, the social whirl and the right private schools for their kids) were expensive

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And because people always seem to define 'rich' as people who have more than they do, no matter how much they might have. I am reminded of a study a few years ago in which people having annual income ove $1 million per year thought they were not rich but were upper middle class because they lived in the greater NYC area where all the things they thought they needed (enviable digs, the social whirl and the right private schools for their kids) were expensive

Well, if we zoom out and look globally to see who's rich...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    In the lean years, I always told my kids that they lived better than most of the kings and queens in history. Better food. Warm home. Lots of books...more than they could ever read.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the lean years, I always told my kids that they lived better than most of the kings and queens in history. Better food. Warm home. Lots of books...more than they could ever read.

Curious. I shall ponder this a while.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I failed to mention indoor plumbing and deodorant.

People used to poop in the stairwells at Versailles during soirees. Can you imagine that?!!!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

We live at a time where among our poor, starvation isn’t the problem it used to be...rather it’s contracting diabetes from being morbidly obese. Yes, rich and poor is usually a matter of degrees. And we keeping with the topic of this thread (kinda), we tend to complain about poverty and the unfairness that others are rich without acknowledging how rich (in historical terms) we really are.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Yup.
    Someone tells me, boo hoo, he's poor.
    I notice he lives in a house, eats 3 meals a day, 3 cars in the driveway, a cell phone for everyone, and 5 TVs.

Now, someone living on lower Wacker in Chicago during the winter, I'd say he's poor.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Remember the old Hee Haw song?

Gloom despair and agony on me,
    deep dark depression excessive misery.
    If it weren't for double standards I'd have no standards at all
    Gloom despair and agony on me...

I think I got the lyrics right. LOL...

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    China, that great bastion of equality and rapid modern progress. They're all middle class now... not.
    Our daughter living in Beijing was invited out to her friend's family house in the countryside for Chinese New Year a few years ago. It was winter. They all lived mostly in one room, wore the same clothes for weeks on end, used an outdoor hose for the entire household water supply, and cooked outside over an open fire.

That is how most of the world lives, even in "modern" China. But you'll never hear that from the communist government.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We live at a time where among our poor, starvation isn’t the problem it used to be...rather it’s contracting diabetes from being morbidly obese. Yes, rich and poor is usually a matter of degrees. And we keeping with the topic of this thread (kinda), we tend to complain about poverty and the unfairness that others are rich without acknowledging how rich (in historical terms) we really are.

Class envy as a weapon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lying to Congress? My favorite would be when James Clapper testified before Congress that the US government was not spying on citizens and shortly thereafter it was revealed that NSA was engaged in widespread domestic spying.

Why does Stone go to prison and Clapper wasn't even charged?

They dont eat their own, and are very protective of the political class. Clapper is inside the circle, Stone was not.

They get jealous when outsiders try to do their job. (lie, cheat, steal, etc. Oh, and my all time favorite; Insider Trading.)

Well...not “suddenly”...but once he became one of the greedy millionaires. :D

87064608_2448324161939634_6638964737382023168_n.png

Top Bottom