• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    ive never had an ar that was not a colt or rra. that being said my cousin just bought a double star and brought it over to show me. he asked me what i thought but like i said ive never had one. so here is were you come in i need the goods the bads and some comparisons to other brands.

any info would be great thanks:popcorn:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My only expierence with DS has been with their stripped lowers and LPKs.... went together great, smooth and have very good triggers on them.

My only gripe is how "shiny" the finish on the lowers is.... not a deal breaker though, just different.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    I bought 2 rifles in 09 at louisville gun show. one plinker for fun and one break glass in emergency rifle. it fires smooth and accurate (+/- 1000 rounds so far) just as good as any M16A1/A2 or M4 i ever fired. I keep it clean and lubed never had an issue with it. DS-4 Carbine makes an outstanding starter rifle.

DoubleStar - Basic Rifles

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    hey thanks for the info. sound like he got a good gun at a good price. like i said thanks for the links and the info. hell the more i read and here i might have to go get one to check out.

:ingo:

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Doublestar provides an excellent value. They make both low-end and high-end models so check the specs. I have had zero problems with my DoubleStar:

green.jpg

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I've had 3 different DS ar15's and they are just as good as any. They use shaw barrels just like 90% of the AR manufacturers, the fit a finish are great and they shoot very well. They are usually a lot cheaper to buy as well. My buddy owned a gun shop in Clinton, indiana and he is a DS dealer and he has flat top DS rifles for $650. Best bang for your buck if you ask me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My house gun has a doublestar upper with an LMT bolt carrier group that has fired about 4500 rounds without any problems that wouldn't have choked any other upper (for instance, a student shooting reloads that were bulged that failed to extract). It's been 100% with my ammo and magazines.

Top Bottom