• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    So within the last year I've gone through 4 different AR15's, starting with a 2012 Olympic GI16 Car, followed by a DPMS Oracle car, then a bushy patrolman, then finally my Doublestat Star15 car. I'll tell ya what, this DSG is hands down poopin on all the others. It doesn't have a hbar, it just has a lite barrel (I'm not sure what kind but its light as hell), 1:9 chromoly, flat top, fixed A2 post, and all the other standard stuff, but there's just something about it when you pick it up and handle it... its one hell of a gun. They retail (pre panic) for around $700-$780, but I'd put the quality up there with a lot of the $1000-$1200 boys. Yesterday was my 4th time at the range with it and def my most extensive and thorough run down and I'm definitely impressed!
    Word is its a pretty new company and that's why the prices are so low for such a quality weapon. Hopefully they'll stay like this and won't go mainstream like bushy or olympic when they sacrificed some quality to save a few pennies.
    I've searched and searched the net and couldn't find a single bad review of a Doublestar, so I'll add to the good rep of them.
    +A+

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Doublestar has been around for awhile, they also make a pretty nice 1911. And they are made in Kentucky! I haven't owned one but a buddy did and it shot nicely, congrats!

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Doublestar is in Winchester, Ky. About a mile from a friends place. Jesse and family are very nice and very good at what they do. I agree they are a better AR then 99% out there. They take personal pride in each gun. Not the mass market you will get at the others.

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I will have to take a second look at them, I always dismissed the brand as some knock off just trying to get a piece of the market.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Doublestar is in Winchester, Ky. About a mile from a friends place. Jesse and family are very nice and very good at what they do. I agree they are a better AR then 99% out there. They take personal pride in each gun. Not the mass market you will get at the others.

I am afraid that when a manufacturer advertises on their very own site that "mil-spec" is an upgrade and not the bottom line, then they are very much mass market types. The following line would make me a little uneasy. "Popular upgrades include a 1x7 4150 CMV mil spec barrel and mil spec stock to optimize performance for the “Mil Spec” crowd." As if the magical use of a 1:7 CMV barrel and "Milspec" sized stock would actually make the thing more durable. What about all those important parts like M16 spec Bolt and Carrier and trigger groups.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Formerly known as J&T Distributing, they've been in business 20 years if not more.
    The Doublestar moniker is from the last 10 years or so.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I am very impressed with mine.
    P1010032.jpg

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I find it very rare that an AR manufacturing company has literally zero complaints across the entire community. I've searched and searched for any kind of negative review and have come up completely empty handed. Seems like everyone enjoys them as much as we do!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    They're still sold through J&T Distributing I believe, I got their new catalog last year anyways and it was. Most of the AR15's that are sold through centerfire systems are Doublestar AR's as well, they're usually called Star-15's or something. :yesway:

Top Bottom