• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Alright, I don't normally ever start a thread ranting about a particular topic; however, on this specific morning, I have to share...

Most times it's the mini-van moms who catch my attention with their poor driving but they don't typically have a plate number which is easily memorbable; however, today it was a White Chevy Malibu (almost brand new) w/ super dark tinted windows and a Fraternal Order of Police Specialty Plate with the word "OINK" as the personalized number.

Now you would think someone who is obviously LEO affiliated wouldn't tailgate (and I mean within 6' of the car in front of them), make sudden lane changes (without signaling), cutting off other drivers, and generally driving in an overly aggressive manner to the point of almost creating several accidents, but no. :xmad: This was 465 South (on the east side) to 70 East into downtown.

Today of all days, I forget my smartphone or I would have called in and reported it....but I'm not sure that would have done any good.

Perhaps we should have a douchebag driver thread where we call out fellow drivers by plate # or something. :D

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Maybe he is not affiliated with police at all and just pays for those plates to get out of tickets because he always drives like a "dbag" as you put it.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    The bigger the city, the more drivers that can't drive. Cop or not, too many bad drivers. I don't think being a cop has any relevance on it due to the fact we are all supposed to use signals, not tailgate......

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    FOP plates are either the officer (active or retired and an FOP member), their spouse, or kids. The vehicle has to be registered to the member ( I believe)...I have one for my car as well as my wife's. I like "oink"...cute. I have to get a release paper every year from the FOP State Lodge to get my plates renewed.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Alright, I don't normally ever start a thread ranting about a particular topic; however, on this specific morning, I have to share...

Most times it's the mini-van moms who catch my attention with their poor driving but they don't typically have a plate number which is easily memorbable; however, today it was a White Chevy Malibu (almost brand new) w/ super dark tinted windows and a Fraternal Order of Police Specialty Plate with the word "OINK" as the personalized number.

Now you would think someone who is obviously LEO affiliated wouldn't tailgate (and I mean within 6' of the car in front of them), make sudden lane changes (without signaling), cutting off other drivers, and generally driving in an overly aggressive manner to the point of almost creating several accidents, but no. :xmad: This was 465 South (on the east side) to 70 East into downtown.

Today of all days, I forget my smartphone or I would have called in and reported it....but I'm not sure that would have done any good.

Perhaps we should have a douchebag driver thread where we call out fellow drivers by plate # or something. :D

Sounds like a case where one group of douchbag drivers were blocking off the left (passing) lane, then this other douchbag driver drove aggressively to get by them.
    That's about the only time I see driving like this on I-465.

Which is why when I see somebody overtaking me when I'm in the left lane, I move over and let them pass because the safer alternative IS to let the idiot by, rather than having them kill somebody weaving in and out of traffic.

Top Bottom