• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Anyone ever take a dove hunting trip to Argentina? If so, do you have any tips? Should one take or rent a shotgun? Do you buy shells there and how much should one figure for the cost of ammo? Which lodge do you recommend? Besides air fare, lodging, ammo and tips, are there other expenses?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That actually sounds pretty fun, but probably really expensive. Though, I would have loved to go hunting there with Simon Wiesenthal back when he was alive.

Are you there on for the sole purpose of hunting, or just looking for an activity while there?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm thinking that dove hunting for a few days would do it for me. The dove there are supposed to be quite thick.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Never got to shoot, but but spent two months touring the country on a soccer team about 20 years ago. The country is awesome, the people are amazing, the food is to die for (think Fogo de Chao twice a day!), the women are gorgeous, the beaches (Bahia Blanca, Mar del Plata, etc) are beautiful...

Go bird hunting, but take some time to experience everything else the country has to offer!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Actually of all the things mentioned, the bird hunting has the most appeal. Looks like a 3 day hunt with deluxe accommodations would run a little over 3,000 per person, including round trip air fare.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I believe some of the places are a "shoot as many dove as you like" kind of thing. Watched a video of when Tom Knapp went down with some CZ USA shotguns and in one day one of the guys shot over 4,000 dove. I'm thinking ammo could be as little or as much as you'd like to spend.

Top Bottom