• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    A friend just told me today he got a haircut in Carmel and they offered him a drink.... They offered sodas or BEER! Free!

Never heard of such a thing!

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I've heard of similar places in NYC and other large cities. Some had full service bars, but the drinks were certainly not free. Sadly, I have no hair so this is all lost on me. :):

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I deleted my previous post because it erroneously referred to an entirely different place. I was thinking of the barber shop that used to be (and still may be) down the road from this one that looked like it was straight out of "The Andy Griffith Show".

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Aside from the beer and shampoo, the barber shop I visit does straight razor neck shaves. I inquired about a shave, and they said they'd not do a straight razor shave because "people's faces weren't accustomed to that kind of shave anymore." I know better, because straight razors are actually the best shave possible, even with three or four or five bladed razors.

I like the service and cut I get from my shop, but that comment ruined a bit of the charm of the place. Unfortunately, I'm not going to run to Carmel to get a shave and a cut.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I went to this place yesterday. :yesway::yesway::yesway: This is full of WIN! Very nice gentleman greeted me as soon as I walked in and it was all old school customer service the entire visit. When asked how I heard about the place I mentioned I read about them on a social forum that provided a link to their place and she acted like I was the first of many to mention that. Prior to my mentioning the "social forums" name she said she would like the name of the site and mentioned something that made it obvious that she knew it was a gun site I was referring to. :ingo: I wrote the www down for her at the end of the visit.

+1 strongly recommend.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I get a similar treatment minus the beer, down on the southside. My barber has been cutting my hair for 4 years and always lines you the sides, front and neck with a straight razor. I have occasionally also gotten the straight razor shave and its an awesome experience.

Top Bottom