May 26, 2018
    North Central

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    An interesting discussion about the potential motivations around why corporations virtue signal and go for woke.

There is also a spicy conspiracy theory about Amazon and their support of the "protests." It's worth watching just for that.

[video=youtube_share;JPAaRsjDkC8]http://youtu.be/JPAaRsjDkC8[/video]

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    181   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Bad behavior rewarded = more bad behavior.

I appreciate LEO, I can't imagine anyone wanting to into that field with the direction that things are going for them. Causes me to suspect this is part of the plan.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    5. Please note the unrest is centered around urban areas.

Perhaps not coincidentally, that is typically where seats of government reside.

If one's goal is to get the attention of those in power, it might be an easier place from which to gain their attention than the middle of a cornfield :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    An interesting discussion about the potential motivations around why corporations virtue signal and go for woke.

There is also a spicy conspiracy theory about Amazon and their support of the "protests." It's worth watching just for that.

[video=youtube_share;JPAaRsjDkC8]http://youtu.be/JPAaRsjDkC8[/video]

Oh my, I must be way out there, that all seems pretty plausible to me. How about you guys?

Amazon finds protests advantageous because brick and mortar stores are being attacked and further damaged?

Amazon finds advantage in high unemployment?

Corporations are virtue signaling to keep the spotlight off the power they have amassed in society, identity politics keeps the fight between identity groups and not the financial and capital gaps that exist.

Yep, none of that seems to far off base...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone with IMPD know how things have gone over the course of this now?

Are things improving? Are things getting worse?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Heard BML is organizing a rally in front of the Brownsburg Town Hall. Can't remember the date, but was supposed to be during a town council meeting. Out working the Kroger parking lot to drum up support yesterday morning.

Suspect it will be a regular old rally, as most folks out this way aren't really the rioting type. BPD doesn't put up with much nonsense, either. Show up, make your point, thank folks for coming, and head home.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Heard BML is organizing a rally in front of the Brownsburg Town Hall. Can't remember the date, but was supposed to be during a town council meeting. Out working the Kroger parking lot to drum up support yesterday morning.

Suspect it will be a regular old rally, as most folks out this way aren't really the rioting type. BPD doesn't put up with much nonsense, either. Show up, make your point, thank folks for coming, and head home.

BML? Is that a dyslexic BLM or a new group? Bowel Movement League?? :laugh:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe.

"Solve" might be too strong a word, but "contribute" to a solution might be better.

I don't completely understand the motivation for monuments to the losing side of that war, but that's just me.

So appeaseing the mob might be the way to go?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So appeaseing the mob might be the way to go?

I don't care whether it appeases anyone or not.

My only point is that the relevance of monuments to losers is lost on me.

Something isn't a problem until its a problem. If its a problem now and can't really be justified, I don't know what the big deal is. Like Hogsett said, put it in a museum or something. A testament to what people thought was important in a bygone era but isn't really that important now.

More interesting is whether this constitutes some sort of whitewashing of the Civil War itself. An unintended consequence might be that it diminishes the importance of that war in our nation's consciousness. That's my only reservation.

Top Bottom