• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So how do responsible gun owners like ourselves assemble if need be to defend areas? Like say it got really bad.

We publically say were we're meeting up, and we meet up.

We discuss how to secure the area once we're there, and do not put that information out publically.
    If you want to be an extra good boy scout, call the local police department, and tell them you're protecting a specific area, and provide them with a phone number to contact the person telling the group what to do, in case they need to get in touch.

UnbeatenPath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Me and the wife just took a motorcycle ride downtown. So far its calm but they were still blocking the streets and telling us we couldn't go certain ways. Looked like it could get ugly later

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    So how do responsible gun owners like ourselves assemble if need be to defend areas? Like say it got really bad.

To cover a few points:

1. This is organized and available on FB to protect the Soldier's and Sailor's Monument, although making your way there now is probably difficult: https://www.facebook.com/events/668075173769326/?notif_t=plan_user_invited&notif_id=1590850653875148 (FWIW, I don't like the feel of this one as it feels contrived and breaks the 4S rule hard, but that's my initial feeling.)

2. Supporting/protecting your LGS is probably the best way to get involved and makes a good point. I'd suggest contacting them if you have the ability to do so and seeing what can be done.

3. As to cops saving the life of a rioter (NOT "protester") with a TQ - It's because it is exactly what 99.99999% of us do, and will do every time. It's the right thing to do.

4. Just confirmed with my Greenwood PD friend (Best man at each other's weddings, so yeah, solid info) - No entry was made to Greenwood mall and there are a LLLLLOOOOTTTT of cops in Gwood tonight. Like - A LOT! (Wink)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hogsett allegedly "asked" the organizers of the protest to have them leave the area by 7 p.m.. Yeah, right. I'm sure they'll abide by that request.

And the protesters will likely listen and obey. But Protesters dont break stuff. Rioters do. They'll do what they want.

Spray painting the monument...
    Am I the only one who sees the slap in the face irony of this? The monument that is dedicated to those Hoosiers that lost their lives fighting for the end of slavery. And this is the thanks they get. To be honest though Im sure none of those ignorant F***s have a clue what that monument means. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And the protesters will likely listen and obey. But Protesters dont break stuff. Rioters do. They'll do what they want.

Am I the only one who sees the slap in the face irony of this? The monument that is dedicated to those Hoosiers that lost their lives fighting for the end of slavery. And this is the thanks they get. To be honest though Im sure none of those ignorant F***s have a clue what that monument means. :xmad:

They could care. Seriously. If you bring it up they have zero clue and the few who do throw the 40 acres and a mule rant at you.

Wait...….it is well past 7:00. So stinky shoes hog breath's warning was ignored.....color me surprised.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    and trying to protect the monument could go south FAST. And end VERY ugly. Dozens to hundreds of heavily armed rednecks guarding something in the center of an area, with no where to fall back to.

So a hundred armed guys pinned down surrounded by a violent force greatly outnumbering them, and no ability to retreat. Somebody's gonna panic and pop off rounds.

Nope. Want none of that. Nope. Not a singly teensy bit of it.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Once the sun is fully down it will get ugly downtown indy with the antifa and the leftist "hate America" crowd breaking windows. You have local groups like the IWW , P4P Indiana are just a few who organized for protest plus all the rogue Anarchists who are sitting back and waiting for the word to start destroying the area.
    UPDATE: I guess people have started to break windows downtown already. As reported on fox 59 https://fox59.com/news/protests-continue-demonstrations-in-downtown-indianapolis/

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This is no longer about the initial victim nor the police that murdered him. We now see an all out effort, instigation occurring. I would imagine many rioters are being paid and from out of town. It will get ugly before it gets better. Not sure how this will be received, but I am sorry it happened but please, all the people who are posting (F/B and such) about this situation is making it worse IMO. There are idiots on both sides of each spectrum. Religion, color, income, gender, race and so on; there are troublemakers in each group. Not that this is acceptable, but to respond to idiocy with idiocy should not acceptable. The idiots are sitting back happily watching their efforts create havoc and division. I think of it like a troll who comes to a forum. Stirs the pot and sits back and proudly enjoys his/her creation. We need to be consistent with our efforts to eliminate violence, at any level. What happened was wrong. Being fired was wrong. Delaying any arrest was wrong......and certainly, the actions of the rioters are equally wrong.

Would it be wrong for me to ask why we don't see riots in major cities that have high crime rates, protesting the high murder rates? Chicago?

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Would it be wrong for me to ask why we don't see riots in major cities that have high crime rates? Chicago?

There are. Talking to some Chicago people right now elsewhere, curfew in place, there are demonstrations going on. Chicago could easily turn ugly if cops start firing on rioters. Like "race war" level ugly.

But yes, what you said initially - Opportunism. Apple stores, Nike stores, Gamestops... specific things being looted, status symbols. No one cares about the dead man.

I do have thoughts about this, and I wish Kut was here to help me through it. Every time I type it out, it sounds racist, no matter how much I try to not sound that way.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There are. Talking to some Chicago people right now elsewhere, curfew in place, there are demonstrations going on. Chicago could easily turn ugly if cops start firing on rioters. Like "race war" level ugly.

But yes, what you said initially - Opportunism. Apple stores, Nike stores, Gamestops... specific things being looted, status symbols. No one cares about the dead man.

I do have thoughts about this, and I wish Kut was here to help me through it. Every time I type it out, it sounds racist, no matter how much I try to not sound that way.

I had to edit my post. What I meant was why do we not see people protesting "daily" about their local crime rate and all the loss of innocent lives.

I agree, not matter what or how it may be said, someone will always be offended; wrongly offended.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    IMPD making arrest of three that broke into PF Chang's, Washington/Illinois. Crowd gathering around them, calling for ERG to form a line. Vehicles drvong wrong way on Illinois.

Crowd is massive and now throwing rocks at officers.

Top Bottom