• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope. These are kids with no loving discipline growing up.

As to shooting... I'm not sure I'd have enough time to draw and fire (definitely not from my supertuck). And if I did hit one, would another be on me wrestling my gun away? What if the mob didn't run away? There's no way I'd be able to control my side arm with two or three trying to grab it (and punching and kicking...).

With that pack of morons the 1st shot fired would have scattered them like cockroaches when the light comes on. They were not "Brave".......they were just animals.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It's too bad it has come to this. I have to agree with several others, he should not have said anything to them, and just walked the lady to her car.
    That would have been his good deed for the day. Speaking of good deed for the day, I bet most of todays youth weren't raised doing that either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's too bad it has come to this. I have to agree with several others, he should not have said anything to them, and just walked the lady to her car.
    That would have been his good deed for the day. Speaking of good deed for the day, I bet most of todays youth weren't raised doing that either.

Mine were.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    To those on the "I'd have started shooting" side of this, and I don't disagree with the notion, when and how would you have pulled that off? The sucker punch and swarm thing looks... tricky. Watch that video again and point out when/how you'd go to the gun.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    It makes you wonder why the local station manager allowed that bunch of kids to assemble there without alerting the police. You can be sure that before that happened, they were probably harassing people and taunting them as they pumped their gas and went inside to pay. Whenever that many kids assemble, they all get real brazen, and think it's funny and cool to intimidate people, especially adults.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    As I see this in my mind I see a man of color telling the young of his culture to act properly. They responded by showing him they did not have a freaking clue what the meaning of that word meant.
    Well, we don't know what was said or how. I can appreciate that he may have been trying to give some guidance.
    With that, there is that whole situational awareness thing that needs to be considered. Saying anything, even "Have a nice day." to a group of feral kids looking for trouble probably won't go well. IMO

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To those on the "I'd have started shooting" side of this, and I don't disagree with the notion, when and how would you have pulled that off? The sucker punch and swarm thing looks... tricky. Watch that video again and point out when/how you'd go to the gun.

Right after I deployed you from my satchel and pushed you between the assailants and my delicate form.

And . . . situational awareness, man!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

You would need a SAW to overcome that many combatants.

I'll bet they would not scatter as fast as you think. Unlike sensible people they will continue to swarm. As you click the trigger on an empty chamber, the prize for the win will be the one who takes your gun, even stepping over his fallen criminal clan. That is pretty common in third world nations. People with nothing to loose are a lot less hesitant to give it up.

I am not saying to simply give up. By all means, do what you can. Just be aware that there will not likely be a clear, one sided victory.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At that range a MAC 10 is going to sweep 45 degrees of arc putting a 45ACP every three inches and do it in 1.5 seconds. Messy.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I'll bet they would not scatter as fast as you think. Unlike sensible people they will continue to swarm. As you click the trigger on an empty chamber, the prize for the win will be the one who takes your gun, even stepping over his fallen criminal clan. That is pretty common in third world nations. People with nothing to loose are a lot less hesitant to give it up.

I am not saying to simply give up. By all means, do what you can. Just be aware that there will not likely be a clear, one sided victory.
    IF it came to using my sidearm I'll guarantee you they'd be stepping in hot brass.
    This just goes to show you that you never know "when and where" SHTF.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    IF it came to using my sidearm I'll guarantee you they'd be stepping in hot brass.
    This just goes to show you that you never know "when and where" SHTF.

Yep..... I guarantee if you returned that sucker punch with a rainstorm of empty brass. Those punk kids would be hauling a$$ in the opposite direction.
    When it was over there should have been a few dead and bleeding young adults and a man with a few bruises...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not this crowd. They were not 3rd world combatants. They were punk-A$$ kids on a Lark. Not even real thugs per-say. I seriously doubt those back hitting sucker punchers would actually face down an armed individual.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not this crowd. They were not 3rd world combatants. They were punk-A$$ kids on a Lark. Not even real thugs per-say. I seriously doubt those back hitting sucker punchers would actually face down an armed individual.

Yeah, most would probably scatter as soon as someone upholstered a firearm. These kids aren't as dumb as swarming Chinese in Korea, Somalis in Mogadishu, or English soccer hooligans.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Lots of people die each year from a fist. Im sure way more then assault weapons kill so im all for defending my life. But all who said if he shot he would be go to jail I can not disagree with that statement.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, most would probably scatter as soon as someone upholstered a firearm. These kids aren't as dumb as swarming Chinese in Korea, Somalis in Mogadishu, or English soccer hooligans.
    I'd like my upholstered firearm in Naugahyde, assuming Naugas aren't on the endangered species list?:):

Top Bottom