• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    LOL, yeah I'm in the same boat. I have my "Pony" life in surance policy, and then I have my bushmaster. I setup the busmaster to make it look like what I was issued way back in the day. Something about hitting targets out at 400 & 500 yards with iron sights one right after the other.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So, which one of you is putting your/a rifle up against Britton's Olympic?

I can help donate some time to pull the trigger on some rounds.

Even if I had an AR I didn't like I wouldn't risk losing it for nothing. I'd be happy to go out with anyone here and do some shooting though. Maybe we should have some kind of an INGO AR Festival and we can all check out what's out there. I'd let any of you guys shoot whatever I've got, I just don't want to gamble one away.

Seriously though, what would you all think of an INGO AR Festival?

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I tried to read through all this..... ugh. I have multiple AR-15's. If it ever becomes necessary, my DPMS is the first one I will grab. It's not chrome lined, no anti rotation pins, the bolt was not MPI inspected, none of the fancy crap. After thousands of rounds, it goes bang every time. I know DPMS QC is hit and miss, but I got a HIT. Mine has been flawless. I'd take it to the sand box, the s**thole, wherever.... I'd just never go without P-mags lol. You guys can argue til you're blue in the face, but a reliable rifle is what it is, no matter what you paid for it. :ar15:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Even if I had an AR I didn't like I wouldn't risk losing it for nothing. I'd be happy to go out with anyone here and do some shooting though. Maybe we should have some kind of an INGO AR Festival and we can all check out what's out there. I'd let any of you guys shoot whatever I've got, I just don't want to gamble one away.

Seriously though, what would you all think of an INGO AR Festival?

agreed. i have way too much time and money invested in mine to gamble it. I would love to watch/participate in a day of AR comparisons. i think that would be a lot of fun.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll put my POS DPMS up against anything. If there is an AR shoot off, I'm sure I'll have to work that day lol, but you are welcome to it. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My DPMS is a 308, but I'd be glad to show that to anyone who's interested. Right now I've only broken in the barrel and worked up some handloads. It's sporting a SWFA super sniper 10x and shoots under a 1/2" at 100. I didn't put a $1,400 nightforces on my rifle so I guess my DPMS 308 & scope are POS too, despite the sub 1/2" groups.

Next step is making the drop chart and loading up enough ammo to make me feel more comfortable about the world we're living in.

I think if more guys shot an AR in 308 they'd get on that bandwagon, and it's a good one to be on.

If you all have never been to Young's Longshot that'd be the perfect place to really see how well our AR's shoot. I like to stretch things out if I get the chance.

Top Bottom