• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreenfieldGunny

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Are DPMS Lower Receivers Mil-Spec? I bought my rifle from my Uncle a few months ago, wanting to add some goodies, not sure if it is Mil-Spec or not. Thanks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Are DPMS Lower Receivers Mil-Spec? I bought my rifle from my Uncle a few months ago, wanting to add some goodies, not sure if it is Mil-Spec or not. Thanks.

Your lower will take any standard AR accessories. When you come to choosing a stock body, the buffer tube being mil-spec or not will become a viable concern. Everything else will bolt right on.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I plan on buying a Magpul ACS and a carbine buffer, which are both Mil-Spec, is that a problem?

No, that will do just fine. There are ACS stocks available to fit Mil-Spec buffer tubes and Commercial buffer tubes. You will need to make sure that you get the right one. Is there a buffer tube currently on your lower?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In that case, you will need to change out the buffer tube. The ACS requires a carbine stock. It doesn't matter if you go with the commercial or mil-spec tube, just make sure that you get the same tube as the stock you choose (mil-spec or commercial)

Top Bottom