• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    just picked this gun up for a great price...id like to hear what everyone has on there lr 308 or any other ar10. let me know what accesories u have and love. not looking for negative info on the gun or negative opinoins, if u dont like the gun pass on by.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    just picked this gun up for a great price...id like to hear what everyone has on there lr 308 or any other ar10. let me know what accesories u have and love. not looking for negative info on the gun or negative opinoins, if u dont like the gun pass on by.

i would focus on a quality set of rings, quality scope, quality trigger and a ff tube if it doesnt already have one

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    it has a free float barrel on it but im cosidering a 20 inch. id like to create a sniper out of it. glass for sure bipod is on the way....others accessories im looking into is a muzzle brake.....kinda trying to create that barrett 50 cal look the best i can. i really dont wanna put a 1000 in a scope im thinking a decent scope that has high power

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    it has a free float barrel on it but im cosidering a 20 inch. id like to create a sniper out of it. glass for sure bipod is on the way....others accessories im looking into is a muzzle brake.....kinda trying to create that barrett 50 cal look the best i can. i really dont wanna put a 1000 in a scope im thinking a decent scope that has high power

The firearm is generally 100x more capable than the shooter.

Ammo, lots of ammo.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

you dont have to put 1000 in the scope, but you also cant buy a 80 dollar scope and expect it to work.

when you get ready to buy a scope and rings let me know. my business revolves around making sure you will get the very best scope in your pricerange for your individual needs.

also keep in mind extream high zoom scopes are not needed for "sniper" sytle rifles. they are made for benchrest style rifles

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    im not sure what scope to chase at all. this is my first 308. im thinking a ok scope would be about 500. it has to function well but its a 308 so i really wont be shooting it a ton

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Buy once cry once.

Those Vortex have the best glass per $ by a longshot. Up your price to the $900 range and you'll be happy for a long time.

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    i see a vortex viper 20 to 44 for 429 just at first look. what power should i be looking for, i want it to be able to get close to 1000yards. i realize this is a dpms and isnt the most accurate out there but i still want it set up for it

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    zeiss make a good scope, i have no issues with them. leupold makes a good scope, but their 1000 dollar scopes are on par with vortex's 600 dollar scopes. leupold is just entirely to proud of their product for what it is.

the vortex 6.5-20 scope is a good choice for you if your not hunting with the rifle. if you are hunting with it you will find 6.5 is to high on the bottom end. for a 100yd minimum target rifle 6.5 on the bottom is fine. that scope has enough elevation to get you to 1000 yds (or really close to it). it has the very best and easiest warrenty in the business (even compared to 2000 dollar scopes) and tracks perfect. its one of the most popular scopes i carry. in the 500 dollar price range it is the best scope for what your looking for, depending on if you want to hunt with it

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I have a swivel pod, nikon monarch scope (BDC) and magpul precision rifle stock (Gen 2). Next up is a timney trigger. Happy with gun so far. If you buy a Vortex scope, you wont be disappointed. Excellent optic, with a excellent warranty.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Other than optic and rings, i would say an extra mag or two would be good to have. An its always a good idea to have enough ammo on hand for it.

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    agreed im looking into vortex as we speak they are looking good so far. going to do a little warranty research. flatoutt does your pod attach to the sling swivel??

Top Bottom