Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    well i read that supposedly only 8 people returned their blades. i got confirmation that they received mine yesterday and should be getting me my refund tomorrow.

that forum posted above is full of a lot of dumb asses. i seriously have to ask as i was always curious. he is a journalist and goes to some ****ty places. he doesn't fight the fight he just reports about it. why does he think he is such a bad ass. i just don't get it. either way he definitely needs to try and not be so stuck on himself and i am personally glad i returned my knife.

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    Just figured out this was all about "The" Robert Young Pelton. Sounds like his notoriety kinda went to his head a little--OK, a lot!! A journalist/author turned knife maker. Hmmm....

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    you mean the place all his nuthugger fanboys are.;)

RYP owns that forum and if there's anything I've learned about personalities like his - they don't get better on their own turf.

Yes, most of the people there are RYP as* kissers.

well i read that supposedly only 8 people returned their blades. i got confirmation that they received mine yesterday and should be getting me my refund tomorrow.

that forum posted above is full of a lot of dumb asses. i seriously have to ask as i was always curious. he is a journalist and goes to some ****ty places. he doesn't fight the fight he just reports about it. why does he think he is such a bad ass. i just don't get it. either way he definitely needs to try and not be so stuck on himself and i am personally glad i returned my knife.

I myself canceled my order of 12 regular run versions and I know another dealer that canceled his order...not sure how many he had on order, but thats well over 8.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i think the 8 he mentioned were the LE versions. it appears from over there that people are still liking the knives and some people still attempting to buy them. don't get me wrong the knife was solid, good materials, and well put together (minus the tip issue) but no one should act the way he did especially towards his customers. its sad really cause if he would have just kept doing the right thing saying we are fixing it, ect and kept his mouth shut he would have had a good following on bladeforums. now he has totally screwed that up

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Can I get the "Cliff's Notes" version of the story? I read a ton of pages but everybody talks about how RYP had deleted things....

All I get from it is that he posted peoples semi personal information on the web. What started the crap that caused him to post a persons info on the web?

Heck, just tell me what page to start on...

Thanks INGO

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Can I get the "Cliff's Notes" version of the story? I read a ton of pages but everybody talks about how RYP had deleted things....

All I get from it is that he posted peoples semi personal information on the web. What started the crap that caused him to post a persons info on the web?

Heck, just tell me what page to start on...

Thanks INGO

as close to cliff notes as you'll get from me:D

DPx Forum Closed. - BladeForums.com

DPx Gear What Happened - BladeForums.com

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    it might be the one case of cold steel selling something for what it's worth.:joke:
    Sensing Cold Steel non-love in INGO. I'll have to figure out the story behind this.

I read the BF thread until I got bored with it. Obviously all the guy had to do was just say "sorry brother, my bad". What a missed opportunity for that company.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    this is teh hilarious thing about the internet. it can do a few things to people. for the most part it begins hero worship, and the cool guy club. you see THAT guy who has/makes/does what you want or enjoy. then they become untouchable. THEN that "hero" does a few things. some of the time, they turn into a MORE egotistical moron like this example. a case of letting your "fans" make you think you are way WAY more awesome then you are. or that you are untouchable, and somehow better than them.

and its all over the internet. car makers, computer geeks, fantasy football owners... you name it. there are name droppers and fanboys. its unavoidable. its all about how that person reacts to their "fame" and attention.

it doesn't matter if its Barrack Obama, Payton Manning, Jeff Randall, Lynn Thompson. a person is a person. its reminding them, and ourselves, that which dictates reactions.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Top Bottom