• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with Mr. Lott. Removing legal requirements for gun free zones at schools, etc. should be a legislative priority. We should do it for the sake of the children.

Tripmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I would be all for teachers carrying guns, providing they are well trained, and required to qualify each year.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I have always felt this was a better option that banning firearms. This article just puts the facts to my feeling. Great article and thanks for posting.

Tripmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I would be all for citizens carrying guns, providing they are well trained and required t.... Wait, what?

Nothing wrong with training. We all think we are better than we really are, myself included. I just wouldn't want to see a shoot out with children in the crossfire.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I would be all for citizens carrying guns, providing they are well trained and required t.... Wait, what?

While I agree that the general populace should not be required to undergo any type of training in order to carry a firearm, I do agree that should schools adopt a teacher carry policy, it would be wise for them to require carrying teachers to train and test on a regular basis. This is not a violation of constitutional rights, it's akin to police officers being required to pass certain standards and train at certain intervals.

Note: I do not think that these rules should apply to non employed visitors to schools. Only those who are employed by the school. Then it doesn't become an issue of law, but of school policy.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    While I agree that the general populace should not be required to undergo any type of training in order to carry a firearm, I do agree that should schools adopt a teacher carry policy, it would be wise for them to require carrying teachers to train and test on a regular basis. This is not a violation of constitutional rights, it's akin to police officers being required to pass certain standards and train at certain intervals.

Note: I do not think that these rules should apply to non employed visitors to schools. Only those who are employed by the school. Then it doesn't become an issue of law, but of school policy.

I agree with this. I see it as requiring police officers to train and qualify. The teachers would be responsible for child protection, thus they need to be trained and qualified.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited:

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    To the OP:

Hopefully you will log back in before 8pm Eastern and update your OP with a link. It looks like Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, Dr. John Lott, Larry Pratt from Gun Owners of America, and historian/author Clayton Cramer will be on Armed American Radio tonight. You shouldn't have to guess what the topic will be this evening.

If you go to the AAR website you can find a link that will allow you to listen live.

Unfortunately, not on satelite and no IN stations listed. Supposedly an app is available to listen on the cell phone.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Unfortunately, not on satelite and no IN stations listed. Supposedly an app is available to listen on the cell phone.

Hmmm ... I think the links provided on the page I linked to will allow you to listen to the live stream.

If none of that works, you can download the podcast at a later date (MP3 or IPod).

Top Bottom