• ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Watcha doin' that weekend?
    Steve Tarani in Boone County. He is teaching his part, of his team up class with Rob Leatham. Hand-to-Gun, Steve teaches how to deal with a bad guy until you can get to your gun and Rob teaches how to shoot them really fast. ;)

Rob Leatham will NOT be in Boone County, just Steve Tarani teaching his part of the 4 day class. It was scheduled late last fall. As long as Steve comes to Boone County I will go, until I can't.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Steve Tarani in Boone County. He is teaching his part, of his team up class with Rob Leatham. Hand-to-Gun, Steve teaches how to deal with a bad guy until you can get to your gun and Rob teaches how to shoot them really fast. ;)

Rob Leatham will NOT be in Boone County, just Steve Tarani teaching his part of the 4 day class. It was scheduled late last fall. As long as Steve comes to Boone County I will go, until I can't.

Tell me more about this.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sounds perfect.

Wife notified.

Recorded in Day Planner.

Sending email.

Bank check sent.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    We are the exception.

Plus the small number of views this thread has is disappointing. If we were talking about snubbies or .380's we could have thousands of views.

1. Put the ad in the "Handgun" section.
    2. I would normally have not seen it, but I had looked at finding training in the past few weeks.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    1. Put the ad in the "Handgun" section.
    2. I would normally have not seen it, but I had looked at finding training in the past few weeks.
    I agree that it is disappointing to have such an active forum, but not the interest in Training.

Here's part of the wrinkle with this course: This isn't a "firearms" course, so it isn't one the "cool kids" seem to give a chance.

To me, the fact that Tom Givens, Lee Weems, and our own cedartop have given props to this class, it speaks... No, screams that someone should take it seriously.

That's my opinion, but why take my word for it... Sign up for the class and find out why these people are strongly encouraged people to attend.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There's a lot of interesting stuff that will be going on in this class - as I understand it - that makes it a good bang for the buck.

First there's the lecture portion on violent criminal mindset. Knowing your enemy and assessing the threat is vital. How do you mitigate the risk of a threat if you don't know what the threat is? For example, how do you protect yourself from tigers if you don't know about their habitat, behavior, etc? This is similar. This knowledge will help you know how to "deselect" yourself from being selected as a victim in the first place. Think of it as active avoidance. You win every fight you don't get into.

Then there's some managing unknown contacts (MUC) material. Again, great stuff for avoiding bad situations and/or keeping yourself in a good position if/when things go south.

Then there's the disarming material.

Then Mr. Aprill ties it all together.

Where else are you going to get all that material in a day's worth of training?

A couple of writeups:
    Some Recent Class Reviews | Active Response Training (slightly different, expanded, material)

http://shortbarrelshepherd.com/william-aprills-unthinkable-3x3-review/

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    To some folks "training" is just something to get in the way of the next gun purchase...

1. That was a shot, right?!! :laugh:
    2. Not my fault after getting fairly settled in with what I have and I was "trimming" this summer, but I spent time reading the CZ thread and someone pmmed me about theirs going up for sale. :dunno: Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do! :rockwoot:
    3. I'm just full of excuses, aren't I? :rofl:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. That was a shot, right?!! :laugh:
    2. Not my fault after getting fairly settled in with what I have and I was "trimming" this summer, but I spent time reading the CZ thread and someone pmmed me about theirs going up for sale. :dunno: Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do! :rockwoot:
    3. I'm just full of excuses, aren't I? :rofl:

1. Unlikely bwframe was referring directly to you. Over the years, we've seen a few people on INGO lament over and over that they can't afford training, then they start a new topic to discuss their new gun and accessories that cost 10-25 times what a good class would cost. It's one thing to choose guns over training ... nothing inherently wrong with that ... but to whine that you can't afford training that is relatively inexpensive, then post pictures and talk about guns that most of can't afford, it makes the claims that they can't afford training almost insulting to the reader.
    2. Indeed, sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
    3. No need for excuses! We still have some freedom left!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...That was a shot, right?!!...

No sir, not at you. You seem to be treating training like it's something you intend to pursue.

As an aside, if you chat about classes you take as much as you have guns you have purchased, it would be a great asset to the training community. Publicity is good thing for an area that often struggles to fill the spots necessary to make classes happen.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Publicity is a good thing for an area that often struggles to fill the spots necessary to make classes happen.

I've had my eyes open for a few years and am amazed at the level of Trainers passing through Indiana this year. Past few years the level keeps increasing and gets me excited for our area. The main reason for my involvement in bringing Dr Aprill to us is that I've experienced this course and believe that others need to know the truth he speaks.

He is but one of the Trainers that has influenced how I view the world and EDC, but he has been one of the most influential...

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No sir, not at you. You seem to be treating training like it's something you intend to pursue.

As an aside, if you chat about classes you take as much as you have guns you have purchased, it would be a great asset to the training community. Publicity is good thing for an area that often struggles to fill the spots necessary to make classes happen.

1. Apparently dry humor subtleties don't communicate well in print (you would think I'd learn that by now): I was just having fun with you since I see your name alot.
    2. I put the laughing icon there so there would be no misunderstanding.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Just dry humor for someone I see their name alot: just having fun (I put the laughing icon in there so to be clear).

2. I have mentioned in my posting the Basic Handgun course I took last week, and the CC course I'm taking in a couple of weeks, and mentioned that I have talked with a trainer about some 1:1 training, and now this course.
    3. I can't help running my "mouth." :rofl:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Please don't tell me I've been scammed. Yes, I have trust issues. :dunno:

Someone just let me know this is where you were directed to send your money.

Relax. Graig is an upstanding guy. Nothing to worry about.

There is nothing unusual about prepaying well in advance for a travelling class. Nobody wants to expend thousands of dollars in travel expenses only to show up expecting dozens of students (who promised they would show) only to find 3 who actually put their money where their mouth is and actually showed with cash in hand.

If I hadnt blown my training budget for the year I'd be joining you. And my last class went exactly the same way; I sent my check blindly 6 months in advance.

And I'm sure Graig would appreciate you editing your comment to remove his personal address from the interwebz. You are out of line immediately broadcasting that much detail out of the gate. Have you contacted Graig to express your concern? I know he may have been pretty busy this last weekend with a personal event if he didnt respond immediately.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I did not get a confirmation on my registration. Should I have?

Email sent and doddg has replied.

Relax. Graig is an upstanding guy. Nothing to worry about.

There is nothing unusual about prepaying well in advance for a travelling class. Nobody wants to expend thousands of dollars in travel expenses only to show up expecting dozens of students (who promised they would show) only to find 3 who actually put their money where their mouth is and actually showed with cash in hand.

If I hadnt blown my training budget for the year I'd be joining you. And my last class went exactly the same way; I sent my check blindly 6 months in advance.

And I'm sure Graig would appreciate you editing your comment to remove his personal address from the interwebz. You are out of line immediately broadcasting that much detail out of the gate. Have you contacted Graig to express your concern? I know he may have been pretty busy this last weekend with a personal event if he didnt respond immediately.

Thank you for your help, Cameramonkey... "You must spread rep around" or I'd add a few to ya.

Top Bottom