• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I did not own my draco then, or I would have. And you are evil! If you do end up wanting to sell it, I will take it.

In a week or two i will be putting my draco up for sale, with all the goodies on it +ammo if i dont shoot it all up by then. I'm still trying to figure up a price, i've put more than $800 in it including the gun, i know i cant get that much out of it so, maybe somewhere in the 6's i'm thinking depending on how much the gun itself is going for now....

I picked mine up for $329 new back in Dec.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    In a week or two i will be putting my draco up for sale, with all the goodies on it +ammo if i dont shoot it all up by then. I'm still trying to figure up a price, i've put more than $800 in it including the gun, i know i cant get that much out of it so, maybe somewhere in the 6's i'm thinking depending on how much the gun itself is going for now....

I picked mine up for $329 back in Dec.
    Well I don't want the whole gun, I just want the UTG rail.:)

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    i know, if the gun wont sell as a whole, i may part it out and turn the gun back to stock and sell it off that way. I'll let you know if it comes to that.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Looks like you have a three way deal on your gun. If the price was right I would take your hogue grip, rails, and ace side folding mechanism. Maybe the stock too. MattCFII buy iut and I will buy the other parts from you for a reasonable price.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I can roll with that. I don't need the railed handguard, Magpul stock, vertical grip. I could use but don't have to take the grip or folding mech if it makes the deal happen and my price cheaper :D

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I ordered mine from J and G sales out of Arizona. Last time I checked they had gone backorder since I got mine, but keep an eye on them. It was just shy of $450 with shipping. I have not found anyone who make a rail for the mini so I will be taking one and doing some cutting to make it work. Good thing is, I have time because my paper work is still at the CCB waiting to get signed, then another few months at the BATFE and then it will be ready to rock and roll!

Yeah, I saw that J&G was out of stock... grr... I'll just have to bide my time...and then I can see what you do to yours to know what to use, or not to use depending on how it turns out! ;)

Looking forward to seeing your Mini SBR'ed!:rockwoot:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Just do it. I had my Draco SBR I reviewed at the Indy 1500 this weekend at the INGO booth. It's the best SBR gun I've ever built. It's not only a breeze to do yourself, but the rifle is super cool being a shorty AK. :)

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Looks like you have a three way deal on your gun. If the price was right I would take your hogue grip, rails, and ace side folding mechanism. Maybe the stock too. MattCFII buy iut and I will buy the other parts from you for a reasonable price.

Ok guys i'll get some prices figured up and let you know what they are in the next few days.

O...BTW...the ace folding mechanism with stock cannot be removed from the gun.

Once a rifle always a rifle. It cannot be turned back into a pistol.

Last edited:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I thought the rule is that once you have a "rifle" the gun can never be under 16" barrel nor under 26" OAL without the SBR tax stamp. I think you can technically have a pistol gripped rifle like shotguns, it's just that it is far less useful not to have a stock on a rifle. Anybody else know for sure?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I thought the rule is that once you have a "rifle" the gun can never be under 16" barrel nor under 26" OAL without the SBR tax stamp. I think you can technically have a pistol gripped rifle like shotguns, it's just that it is far less useful not to have a stock on a rifle. Anybody else know for sure?
    Once you attach a stock to a pistol, it is an SBR. If you have a rifle and "make" the barrel shorter than 16", it's an SBR.... is this what you were asking? :dunno:

Also there is a good chance if you pistol grip your rifle without a buttstock, you will run afoul of the OAL rule...

Anyone else more knowledgeable on this, please chime in. :D

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Yeah good call, I'm almost 100% positive once a pistol is made a rifle you cannot make it back to a pistol. So if matt were to buy it, he would have to keep the stock and muzzle device on it to keep it in rifle specs. I would still buy your grip and rails from you.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Once you attach a stock to a pistol, it is an SBR. If you have a rifle and "make" the barrel shorter than 16", it's an SBR.... is this what you were asking? :dunno:

Also there is a good chance if you pistol grip your rifle without a buttstock, you will run afoul of the OAL rule...

Anyone else more knowledgeable on this, please chime in. :D
    But he made it into a rifle first with the barrel extension. Basically if it really is that way it puts you into a legal catch22 anytime you change out a stock on a rifle or put it on the first time you have an unregistered SBR for that time period.

Yes you definitely have to be careful with the OAL rule but on AKs I believe you be okay if you had a 16" barrel. The receiver ends about 27-28" IIRC.

Yeah good call, I'm almost 100% positive once a pistol is made a rifle you cannot make it back to a pistol. So if matt were to buy it, he would have to keep the stock and muzzle device on it to keep it in rifle specs. I would still buy your grip and rails from you.
    I'm pretty sure (but definitely not 100% and still want some one else to chime in) that it becomes a rifle the moment you go over 16" barrel and 26 OAL" regardless of of the buttstock configuration. Kinda like how shotguns can be pistol gripped if they meet barrel and OAL minimums.

Top Bottom