• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The 4 months (almost to the day) seemed like forever, but the paperwork is back and the ACE side folder is installed.

1243333315_fLihS-L.jpg

Now that's how a Draco should look! I may go full bore and drop a MI rail system on it, Battle Grip and RDS. We'll see. I want to play with it like this for now.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yes. My Draco has the under folder rear trunion so it was a simple matter of drilling and tapping the trunion. Well, not so simple. That sucker is HARD. We ate a couple of bits getting through it (didn't have the right sized carbide bit).

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have the Midwest Industries rail on mine and it is solid, I like it a lot. I am debating going the Ace route as you did or doing an underfolder. I need to pick up another Draco or two though. I can see doing a tacticool SBR, traditional Krink type with wood and keeping one as is. :spend:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yeah, I have 3 MI rails. I have two on AK-74's and I already have the desert tan rail for this rifle sitting in my office. I have a dedicated upper for the Vortex SPARC too. I really like the MI rails.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Looks good. I am wanting to do a Tacticool Draco SBR, but I might wait for the Century Arms Centurion 39 AK Pistol to do that. I like the clean lines of the "shark fin" front sight.
    I am thinking, fixed pignose with a CTR stock, MI rails, and Palm Industries grip for starters. The good part about the Centurion is that it is all US made, so I wouldn't have to worry about making the pistol compliant before applying for the stamp to SBR it.

I like the RAZR muzzle break on that for sure! I was thinking I would go that way too, but I might get a YHM one that is threaded for a suppressor JIC I decide to get one of those some day too :)

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    It looks good... But one thing is keeping me from doing the ACE style..... Why does it look like all the ace stocks have a upward LOP? Like it looks like it slopes upwards from the reciever to the end of the stock....

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That looks great. I already have an ultimak M1-b rail cut down on mine. Looking to buy the texas weapon systems top cover with a chaos HK rear sight. It's been 4 months and counting on my SBR paperwork, littletommy...hopefully yours goes faster.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It looks good... But one thing is keeping me from doing the ACE style..... Why does it look like all the ace stocks have a upward LOP? Like it looks like it slopes upwards from the reciever to the end of the stock....
    I think it's an optical illusion. The bottom of the AK receiver is at an angle while the top is in line with the bore of the rifle. The stock tubes are straight with the bore, but the angled bottom of the AK makes it look bent.

I put a level on the receiver, and it's perfectly straight with the stock.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I liked it better with the Littletommy sling mount!:): Just kidding, that is way cool. I just hope it doesn't take 4 months to get my C+R from ATF.
    I know, I'll miss it! :)

Which reminds me. I promised that once I got my paperwork back and the stock installed I would make your device available to the next INGO user who wanted it.

So, the first person to post here they want my LittleTommy sling attachment device gets it. I'll just need your mailing address.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wow, just a hammer and stamp for the manufacture markings? Not that I believe it would ever come under scrutiny, but does that method create deep enough markings per regulation? :dunno:

Top Bottom