• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Home school produces millions of well adjusted and well educated kids as well...without the political crapola in most cases. In my experience, some public school systems do a much better job than others. It's on the parents to find a good one, afterall they are giving their kids to the government education complex to train for adulthood 8 hours a day, 5 days a week...it takes involved parents to tip the odds in their kids favor. Unfortunately...that's not always happening in many public school systems.

Wish there were easy answers....but there isn't.

Read an article today in the NY Times stating public school educators are leaving the field at the highest rates ever recorded. Mainly jumping ship for a better paying non-education job, or leaving the field due to the lack of community support (I read that as involved parents).

I'd like to see Industrial Arts make a comeback in public school as I firmly believe not all our youth need to go to college to be successful in life.

Can you even begin to imagine these kids in that environment. I can. As much as we truly need this it would be a disaster at 1st. It would take a well monitored and controlled class environment. JMHO of course.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Home school produces millions of well adjusted and well educated kids as well...without the political crapola in most cases. In my experience, some public school systems do a much better job than others. It's on the parents to find a good one, afterall they are giving their kids to the government education complex to train for adulthood 8 hours a day, 5 days a week...it takes involved parents to tip the odds in their kids favor. Unfortunately...that's not always happening in many public school systems.

Wish there were easy answers....but there isn't.

Read an article today in the NY Times stating public school educators are leaving the field at the highest rates ever recorded. Mainly jumping ship for a better paying non-education job, or leaving the field due to the lack of community support (I read that as involved parents).

I'd like to see Industrial Arts make a comeback in public school as I firmly believe not all our youth need to go to college to be successful in life.
    I have no doubt of that. I think we've found a common theme, "It takes involved parents." Personal choice but as long as we are involved, kids do well. ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought this would fit here.

[video=youtube;iGu2U3X9-sk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGu2U3X9-sk[/video]

Aside from our 1 year fiasco, attempting to home school, our kids attended Hammond Baptist Schools and Hyles-Anderson college.

Home schooling is very difficult. There are a lot of private schools that will not indoctrinate your kids. It does not need to be a Church school.

Top Bottom