• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would personally take the texts from the father to the local PD and get a restraining order, nothing like a paper trail if he decides to go off the rails and do something stupid. And a big YES to the treatment center if your daughter is willing to go, I have seen enough documentaries about Heroin addicts to know it is a hell of a drug and the circumstances your daughter is in right now would make relapse very likely

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The problem is not the text. The problem is the other father.

Maybe I missed something, but thought the dead kid's dad was being a jerk repeatedly by text/phone message/calls.
    Should have blocked him after the 1st crappy phone deal.
    Not doing so................

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure the father is hurting and lashing out. Perhaps you could say this but much more diplomatically.

And being raised by someone that does not recognize blame/responsibility and where the 2 meet might be why the young man was a lost ball.

I would let him know to stand down. If it escalates then legal action might be next.

Also, Randy you know I understand. But in all of this do what you can for your daughter.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Unconditional, but practical-minded love can and does help turn these things around, and our kids never stop needed that from their parents, even when they're adults themselves.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Somewhere in the back of my mind I would be glad that turd flushed itself out of my daughters life AND provided her with a hard school lesson in drug abuse. Now you have to help her heal, which means you cut the turds family out of her life totally and you do it NOW and you do it firmly.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    if your daughter is an addict..forget about everything but getting her in rehab and cleaned up. An addict is many times more likely to do something to themselves in the event of their significant addicted other dropping dead. Get her some help ASAP.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Best wishes for you and yours sir!

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

The "victim-less crime" touches many of us.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I want to thank each and everyone of you who responded and gave advice and prayers. She seems to be doing better, mentally. I think she is understanding this is not her fault and that it is normal for us as human beings to blame others. She never used heroin until she met him in May of last year...then once he went to jail she quit...then when he would get out of jail she would use again. She would only use with him and the day he got out of jail he went on a binge, his last binge. I am hoping it opens her eyes and she changes her ways.

I feel terrible as well. I always blamed him and truthfully wished death upon him, I really didn't think it would happen. Always figured with my luck that little son of a gun would end up fathering my grandchild and being a PITA forever, but fate had a different plan. Even though I couldn't stand him, he was still a good young man, hid inside an addict's body. I can't help but to be saddened. He could have made a hell of a man some day, if he would have just changed his ways and listened. I feel terrible for his mother and father, brothers and sisters...and feel awful guilty that I gave him such a hard time, getting the law on him, hating him so much and such. Feel like I ruined the last months of his life, even though I was trying to get him to open his eyes at the same time I was trying to save my daughter. Never had a feeling of guilt like this, kind of weird. I try to be a God fearing type of guy and I know I shouldn't hate like that...and right now I am kind of hoping God aint mad at me, if that makes sense.

Anyhow, sorry to ramble. Thanks to all of you for letting me get this off my chest.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I want to thank each and everyone of you who responded and gave advice and prayers. She seems to be doing better, mentally. I think she is understanding this is not her fault and that it is normal for us as human beings to blame others. She never used heroin until she met him in May of last year...then once he went to jail she quit...then when he would get out of jail she would use again. She would only use with him and the day he got out of jail he went on a binge, his last binge. I am hoping it opens her eyes and she changes her ways.

I feel terrible as well. I always blamed him and truthfully wished death upon him, I really didn't think it would happen. Always figured with my luck that little son of a gun would end up fathering my grandchild and being a PITA forever, but fate had a different plan. Even though I couldn't stand him, he was still a good young man, hid inside an addict's body. I can't help but to be saddened. He could have made a hell of a man some day, if he would have just changed his ways and listened. I feel terrible for his mother and father, brothers and sisters...and feel awful guilty that I gave him such a hard time, getting the law on him, hating him so much and such. Feel like I ruined the last months of his life, even though I was trying to get him to open his eyes at the same time I was trying to save my daughter. Never had a feeling of guilt like this, kind of weird. I try to be a God fearing type of guy and I know I shouldn't hate like that...and right now I am kind of hoping God aint mad at me, if that makes sense.

Anyhow, sorry to ramble. Thanks to all of you for letting me get this off my chest.

Rough situation and sounds like you are handling it a bit better than I would have, but never feel guilty for doing what is in the best interest of your daughter. I would just continue to think how easily it could have been reversed.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Randy, First Prayers for all involved. You might ask your daughter if she would like to talk to a Professional. Her welfare is #1 right now! Text Dad and let him know if your family ever hears from him again you'll institute Legal Action. Your daughters welfare is #1 now! (Repeating that fact) if you need to talk PM me.
    Blessings for you and your family.

Top Bottom