• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The main problem with Kydex holster was essentially eliminated when makers stopped making the belt loops and other attachments of Kydex. It's great for the body of the holster, but prone to failure when exposed to repetitive stress, even when it's thick material. Injection molded belt loops and clips made a huge difference in durability of the holster as a unit. I still prefer straps, though, preferably made of something similar to Daltech BioBelts. Leather can't come close to the durability and life expectancy of that stuff and you can't tear it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Heh. My EDC/competition gun belt is a five stitch lawn chair strap, with a titanium buckle. ;)

It's been working hard keeping the kydex holster and double mag carrier on the opposite side in place for over ten years. Running, rolling, falling. Drenched in sweat, rain, lake water, mud or dew, the web/kydex doesn't care.

Bouncing off of a barricade, bar stool or door frame, the web/kydex doesn't care. Everything stays in place ready. Same with laying in prone, coming out of a seatbelt or ladder back chair. Everything stays in place, ready to go.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Heh. My EDC/competition gun belt is a five stitch lawn chair strap, with a titanium buckle. ;)

It's been working hard keeping the kydex holster and double mag carrier on the opposite side in place for over ten years. Running, rolling, falling. Drenched in sweat, rain, lake water, mud or dew, the web/kydex doesn't care.

Bouncing off of a barricade, bar stool or door frame, the web/kydex doesn't care. Everything stays in place ready. Same with laying in prone, coming out of a seatbelt or ladder back chair. Everything stays in place, ready to go.

:yesway:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

now we’re talkin.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm successfully using leather, kydex, and even an unholy combination of both, depending on application. I am of all camps and of no camps. Except the nylon camp. Screw those guys.

Top Bottom