Coatesville
    Drawstroke training for MCFG members June 10, 2014
    What: Draw stroke training
    When: June 10, 2014 6pm to 8pm
    Where: MCFG North Bay
    Who: MCFG members only
    Instructor: Aron Bright
    Cost: Free

I will be in the North Bay from 6pm to 8pm on June 10 to provide any training on the draw stroke. If you are new to drawing from the holster this is a chance to seek out some training on how to draw safely, and smoothly. I can help. If you are looking to speed up the draw stroke. I can help with that as well. Those wanting to participate should bring a gun and ammo, and a holster that meets the club rules as well as eye and ear protection. Please arrive at the bay with the gun in the holster and leave the gun in the holster until on the firing line.

This is the first time doing this format. What I plan to do is to teach in small groups the draw stroke for 15-20 minutes, and allow folks to do several repetitions of practice, and then take a new group to the line and repeat. If this is a crowded event the group size will be limited. If this event is sparsely attended more time can be spent with each small group. If space allows I am willing for people to hang around multiple times if space is tight everyone can listen to the teaching but not take part in multiple reps.

This instruction is free and brought to you by Bright firearms Training. Instruction will be limited to the draw stroke only.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    coach is one of the best instructors around. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from the best, and it's free.

I guarantee anyone that goes thru this instruction will be contacting coach for future classes.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    coach is one of the best instructors around. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from the best, and it's free.

I guarantee anyone that goes thru this instruction will be contacting coach for future classes.

+1. I would go since I have attended classes of his twice now, but alas I am not a member of the club.

I would bet a class like this could help someone figure out the optimum holster to have also. After taking his class a few weeks ago and shooting my first steel challenge this weekend, I think I need to get a different one or at least modify mine.

Go if you can.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

If you are planning to take advantage of this, and you are new to drawing from a holster I suggest that you leave the cover garment out of the equation for the first session. A focus on the essentials and a familiarization with the mechanics should come first, and then the cover garment can be added.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If you are not new to the draw stroke and wanting to speed things up and be smoother and more efficient it is fine to show up and listen to what I have to say and get in some reps with some coaching and feed back. However, keep in mind we may go at a slow pace because it is going to be a matter of who shows up and when they show up.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I don't know how big or small this event is going to be. Here are some things to think about and remember.

1) This is for members only. No guests for this event.
    2) All club rules apply. No gun handling behind the line.
    3) 50 rounds should be plenty of ammo.
    4) You will need a gun, belt, holster, ammo, ear and eye protection.
    5) I plan to take 20-30 minutes per rotation of people. It might go a little faster or it might be a little slower.
    6) If the range is empty at 7pm I am not going to hang out until 8pm.
    7) There will be a limit 6 or fewer on the line at a time.
    8) Instruction will be limited to draw stroke and safe gun handling that is draw stroke related.

Top Bottom