POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I love when someone "explains" it to me.
    Cause you know, 30 years as a steelworker, and I need someone to tell me how steel acts.
    .. and thinking that structural steel has to melt before it loses its machined temper and its rigidity begins to fail?
    Fools!
    Having been in the building trades for a couple of years, you learn that a steel beam will last a quarter of the time that a wood beam of the same bearing capacity in a fire.

Whereas wood needs to burn nearly all the water through. A steel beam will collapse when heat softens it slightly.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Lol, as crazy as some of the 9/11 conspiracies get, I'd still rather talk to somebody who believes in them than to someone who's so deeply indoctrinated that they can't fathom questioning the mainstream narrative on anything. I've met a few 9/11 conspiracy theorists, flat earthers, etc, and I used to get kind of bent out of shape over how crazy it was to believe those things, but after seeing how most of them have their head in a better place in their personal lives and political decisions than a lot of other folks I know, my reaction to these type of statements anymore is pretty much just:

321.png
    This is what I say about a lot of conspiracy theorists I've met. I believe my share of conspiracies too, however I prefer to call myself a conspiracy analyst. While we may disagree on the specifics, we all have an innate distrust of the authorities, especially during an era where integrity and truth is in short supply in the ivory halls of our corporate and government overlords. When we have science text books saying that the ocean will rise 100 feet because of cows, are you surprised that people question that the Earth is flat?

Flat Earth is a ridiculous claim, however. They have yet to offer a proposed physics model of how there version works, and somehow claim that fundamental classical laws of physics that always work on the small scale don't work on the large scale. They ignore the rules of 3D topology, which can't be broken unless you're near something with a few million solar masses. However Power of Suggestion can also be a powerful thing. I have a friend that claims he saw the Earth's curvature on top of the John Handcock building. I've seen videos from U2 spy planes where the Earth barely curves in the horizon in the upper stratosphere, I believe his eyes are seeing what he wants to see.

While I won't argue the physics on the shear strength of steel while hot, I still don't buy what the government says about 911. Did planes flying the towers cause the building to collapse? Okay fine. Did the security agencies do everything to prevent it? No I don't believe that at all. I remember watching a History Channel documentary, and it pretty much ended with high ranking officials from the CIA and FBI blaming the each other's agency for the failure. I believe it was an "inside job" from the sense that the government let it happen. I can't imagine that they had total integrity back then. Much more than now, however this trend of unscrupulous behavior didn't start yesterday. And if everything was legit, the terrorists won that day. The Patriot Act and all the BS afterwards did more to harm our way of life than anything the terrorists could have ever hoped to accomplish.

Top Bottom