• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Now that you told me your dad is picking it up for you that is called a "Straw purchase" and is a serious no-no with the BATF. A licensed dealer cannot sell or transfer a firearm to an individual he/she knows is doing a 4473 and background check to get a gun for a person who may not eligible to get that firearm from a licensed dealer. If you dad entered the drawing and wins the lower for himself what he does with it once he owns it, (including gifting it to a child under 21) is his business and perfectly legal. Even if you are over 21 you still have to do the paperwork for your firearm if it is for you. A lower is considered a handgun by the BATF so everyone has to be very careful following the letter of the law. I am not singling you out, I am trying to clearify this area to the group in general.

If someone out of the area wins this drawing and would like me to forward the lower to their local FFL and pay the shipping I would be glad to do that for them. The winner has to pick this up from FFL but that FFL does not have to be me.

I am eligible to purchase it. I'm just in Aghanistan right now, so I couldn't pick it up myself in a timely manner. And I don't have an FFL you can forward it to here. If you would be willing to hold on to it for me till i'm on leave next June because you feel it's a straw purchase, that works for me. I would be more than happy to e-mail you a copy of my military ID, and he's holding onto my LTCH for me ( I lost mine and had it sent to my home of record.)

Thanks for the drawing regardless.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Sorry excuse but I wil buy it.

I am eligible to purchase it. I'm just in Aghanistan right now, so I couldn't pick it up myself in a timely manner. And I don't have an FFL you can forward it to here. If you would be willing to hold on to it for me till i'm on leave next June because you feel it's a straw purchase, that works for me. I would be more than happy to e-mail you a copy of my military ID, and he's holding onto my LTCH for me ( I lost mine and had it sent to my home of record.)

Considering your situation we can make an acception for those serving in the military. Been there, done that. Thanks for your service. :patriot:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    So can people from illinois put their name in the hat knowing full well that they will have to pay the transfer fee and shipping to a FFL dealer in illinois. If so please throw my name in. Thanks

If you are an INGO member you can throw your name in the hat if you are willing to pay the postage and you handle your FFL fee on your end.

Dick

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Considering your situation we can make an acception for those serving in the military. Been there, done that. Thanks for your service. :patriot:
    Thanks man, I appreciate it (I never win anything anyway). Also, I sent you a PM about a pistol price maybe a week ago if you could hit me up about that.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger

I don't believe for a minute it is a straw purchase but I cannot sell or transfer a firearm to a person knowing they are going to turn around and sell/give it to someone else. Even if I did a background check on you a week ago something could have changed with you since then. The background check has to be done at the time of the sale or transfer for the person who is the receiver of the firearm. If you do a purchase and walk out and then walk back in five minutes later for another firearm purchase a new 4473 form and background check needs to be done.

Not worth getting fined or going to jail over this stuff. :)

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC

Thanks man, I appreciate it (I never win anything anyway). Also, I sent you a PM about a pistol price maybe a week ago if you could hit me up about that.

I don't believe for a minute it is a straw purchase but I cannot sell or transfer a firearm to a person knowing they are going to turn around and sell/give it to someone else. Even if I did a background check on you a week ago something could have changed with you since then. The background check has to be done at the time of the sale or transfer for the person who is the receiver of the firearm. If you do a purchase and walk out and then walk back in five minutes later for another firearm purchase a new 4473 form and background check needs to be done.

Not worth getting fined or going to jail over this stuff. :)
    :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom