• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Yup, I did it (again). I purchased a Blackhawk serpa for my new Sig P2022. I love it! Stays where I want it to, looks good, and with trainning and muscle memory, I do no have the issue with finger into trigger guard as some experience.

I got it locally from ZX Guns for a good price, and I am happy with it. Now I can ride my motorcycle or OC and not worry about my gun being able to fall out or come loose.

That is all...lol

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For me, the Serpa has been "naturally" safe. In other words, when I draw the gun naturally with my index finger straight....as I always have, it is perfectly safe and very natural to use.

Just because Tex Grebner can't remember which gun or holster he has on doesn't mean the rest of us don't find the Serpa to be easy to use and safe as the day is long.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You're not supposed to admit you like the serpa. Serpa holster people are expected to stay in their closets wearing their serpas.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Serpa holsters suck.
    Take it from personal experience with a 1911 commander.

These holsters have extreme retention
    Dual belt hooks top and bottom
    Stay exactly where you want
    Has adjustable cant
    Very durable
    Extremely safe
    And helps teach trigger finger placement

So if you truly want to waste $45 on one of these terrible holsters, all I can tell ya is go for it

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I can't tell you how many times my Serpa(s) have caused me to shoot myself.

BlackHawk_CQCSIG229_D_1.jpg

Because they've never caused me to shoot myself. :D

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Serpa holsters suck.
    Take it from personal experience with a 1911 commander.

I thought we talked about how the dimensions are different on your 1911 than most others. It the manufacturer of your firearm that's using a slightly different sized frame dimensions that won't allow you to use a Serpa.

Just sayin...

OP - Solid OC holster, IMO. Difficult for CC, though.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    My Serpa carries my Sigma 40 cal. exactly the way it was designed to. I have no concerns about the security of my gun either when riding my motorcycle or when 5 year old girls are stalking me. If I am not wise enough to control my trigger finger, I shouldn't be carrying a loaded gun...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    But but but, when your in a high stress situation and your brain reverts back to the cave man part of itself then you will forget to press the button thingy and you'll be shot before you get your gun out. Or or or, you'll press the Button and your finger will naturally find its way into pressing the trigger and you'll shoot your nuts off. Yep its true cause I heard it from someone who heard it from a guy that's a tactical ninja with delta force and best friends with cHuck Norris and Jason borne.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Oh boy another BLACKHAWK Serpa holster thread. I have two and have no problems with them. To be fair, so far so good, I have not had to crawl 100 yards through gravel during a firefight so my holsters still work. Can't wait for all the experts to chime in about how dangerous they are and how they fail at the drop of a hat etc...

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    I have never heard about Serpa holsters failing or such. My Serpa is the only holster I trust when my Sig P229 needs to be secured while riding.
    On another note, nice pic in post #9 Stschil. If anyone is ever in Scottsdale, Arizona you should visit the Scottsdale's Gun Club (SGC). It is one of the finest shooting range in the USA.

Top Bottom