• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Last night was the second or third time I have had a dream about being involved in a self defense scenario. It was not a pleasant dream but also not a nightmare. The only thing I can recall about it was that I was with a female which was either my mother or a girlfriend, then SHTF, I drew my Glock, I tried to pull the trigger but my gun had a 1000 pound trigger pull. No matter how hard I tried I could not physically pull the trigger, it was too hard. I think I recall switching hands and still not being able to pull it.

Had anyone else ever had a dream like this?

Freudian dream checklist:

1. Mother/Girlfriend - Check
    2. Gun - Check
    3. Inability to physically perform - Check

By any chance did your dream also include any swords, snakes, or big columns? :p

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Freudian dream checklist:

1. Mother/Girlfriend - Check
    2. Gun - Check
    3. Inability to physically perform - Check

By any chance did your dream also include any swords, snakes, or big columns? :p

I don't get it. I have also had dreams like others had said where I was in a physical confrontation and my punches wouldn't faze my opponent.

I can't recall who the female was but I am leaning toward it being a girlfriend

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I had one the other night.
    I was driving down one of the roads near my house and there were three people walking along the side of the road. They were carrying pool equipment (pump and hose) and looked tired. I stopped and asked them where they were headed and offered a ride. It was at an intersection that I go through every day and even had the same businesses. Now in my dream, i was driving the same car I do everyday. I got out with the keys still in the ignition to help them load the stuff into the trunk. They all got in and a male jumped into the drivers seat and hit the gas. I was able to react enough to grab onto the door (since the window was open) and open it. I than leaned over and grabbed my .380 out of the center console (where it normally resides), point it at them and they stopped. At this point they all jumped out of the car and took off. I then woke up thinking "what a strange dream!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

When is the last time you had some quality range time?
    I've always heard that dreams like this translate into your confidence level concerning your firearm and/or your training. Some real time spent sending lead will likely clear up "my carry piece won't work" dreams.

In my case a long while back, that was true.

Once I started making it a point to get out there at least once a week, no more bad dreams. In fact... quite some time back, the last dream I had that included a bad guy...I took care of bidnezz.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Last night was the second or third time I have had a dream about being involved in a self defense scenario. It was not a pleasant dream but also not a nightmare. The only thing I can recall about it was that I was with a female which was either my mother or a girlfriend, then SHTF, I drew my Glock, I tried to pull the trigger but my gun had a 1000 pound trigger pull. No matter how hard I tried I could not physically pull the trigger, it was too hard. I think I recall switching hands and still not being able to pull it.

You really need to rack the slide one time so when you squeeze the trigger it goes bang...

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Sounds like fear of hesitation of some sort. A specific detail is missing though OP. Where was the female? Closer to you or the BG? Closer to you and far enough from line of fire sounds like fear of hesitation to take a life. Closer to BG, and close to line of fire may indicate lack of confidence in your ability to make the shot without hitting a loved one.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    When is the last time you had some quality range time?
    I've always heard that dreams like this translate into your confidence level concerning your firearm and/or your training. Some real time spent sending lead will likely clear up "my carry piece won't work" dreams.

In my case a long while back, that was true.

Once I started making it a point to get out there at least once a week, no more bad dreams. In fact... quite some time back, the last dream I had that included a bad guy...I took care of bidnezz.

Last time I was at the range was about two weeks ago when i took a level I handgun course. I have been dying to go shooting lately, maybe that's it?

You really need to rack the slide one time so when you squeeze the trigger it goes bang...

I always carry +1. It was my glock 19 and the trigger was forward meaning the striker was cocked.

Sounds like fear of hesitation of some sort. A specific detail is missing though OP. Where was the female? Closer to you or the BG? Closer to you and far enough from line of fire sounds like fear of hesitation to take a life. Closer to BG, and close to line of fire may indicate lack of confidence in your ability to make the shot without hitting a loved one.

She was right next to me and could have possibly been caught in crossfire.

Novocaine.223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Indy
    I have one for years i am at a gas station SHTF gun donot work pull the trigger and not a thing. i know how to problem solve the situation, but i am frozen in time.

Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    Had two last night, one was a man got into my house as I was asleep and he stood over me with a gun pointed at me and I was unable to retrieve my firearm from my nightstand. I then awoke and my heart was pounding rapidly.

I then fell back asleep and had another one but couldn't remember what happened, i just remember waking up again very confused on what was going on.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I've had those dreams as well, although mine always were that when I did in fact fire, and hit the person, the round would not penetrate through the skin. Is as if the round was fired with only a primer, or at the very least, very minimal powder. This was with all rounds fired, hit the target in "kill zones," but I would see the projectile sticking out of the skin.

Had that one many times. Now I've determined to only have factory loaded ammo in my HD magazine, just in case.

That is so freaky...I've had the same type of dream multiple times. Like my rounds don't have any powder in them. I just recently started reloading and this dream has happened both before I ever got involved in reloading and after. Lets just say I'm very precise when I load...I never want that to happen in real life (plus I carry factory ammo for EDC...my reloads are for training/being self sufficient).

I just had a dream last night that I was working at Starbucks (odd...I'm not a big coffee drinker and I'm a tire salesman) and closing up shop at night and some shady cat comes in and tries to hold up the joint. He's waiving around a pistol and ends up getting 3 rounds from my M&P. It was incredibly realistic and was proud of myself for moving while putting rounds on target and bringing the threat to a halt.

I pray I never need to pull that trigger in a real life defensive situation, but am confident in my training that if I do...I will without hesitation and will be on target.

Top Bottom