:D

Glad you are OK! So, is that a HK? :):

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wow...you got me on that one! Nice!!! I was really expected a story!!!

The title brought flashback memories of a time when I was 16 and we busted 3 drunk guys smashing mailboxes. My older and younger brothers confronted them and they chased my younger brother into the woods and went after him with softball bats. My older brother returned to the house to get help. Dad drove the 1/4 mile down the road in his truck...but I grabbed my Mossberg 500 and ran down (I could run the 800m in 2:00 flat at that time) and I arrived just as dad and the "biggest guy" (no names...Mr. Ludwig) were confronting each other face-to-face. The "biggest guy" drew his softball bat back to swing at dad and when he turned his body, his eye caught me standing to his right. He just stopped and was suddenly very calm and asked dad if 'his son' always carried a shotgun? Dad replied, 'Do you always carry a baseball bat?' He just lowered his bat, called his buddies, walked to his truck and drove away....never looked back. We never had a problem with them again. I shook for 2 days.

I learned a TON that night. Dad was pissed that I had brought a gun with me...and even more pissed when he found out that it was loaded. This was way back in the fall of '81.

In 2002, dad asked me to come and sit in his office with my G-23 (back when I had a .40) to provide protection for him from a guy who had threatened him during an eviction from a rental (goes to show dad's change in mindset). I was like 'thanks dad...now you're trying to get me into a gun fight?' I called the NHPD C.O.P. and told him about it. He knew who the guy was and his vehicle/plate and they had an officer just sit and run 'radar' outside of dad's business that day. The guy was spotted driving past but never turned in to the business. It just goes to show that if you have time to think about it, in most instances, 'there's always another way' when dealing with potential confrontation.

But when you don't have the time and the confrontation is immediate...by all means...defend thyself!!!

Top Bottom