• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    The commercial says "milk likes me", and I like it right back.

I drink milk all the time - have to have it with cookies, cereal, in my coffee, etc.

I'd like to lay in a supply of powdered milk for when I can't get the fresh, but I know they're not all created equal in the taste department. Has anybody sampled the different brands for taste? I think I've heard that disolving in water is another factor with big differences between brands, anybody know about that either?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    The commercial says "milk likes me", and I like it right back.

I drink milk all the time - have to have it with cookies, cereal, in my coffee, etc.

I'd like to lay in a supply of powdered milk for when I can't get the fresh, but I know they're not all created equal in the taste department. Has anybody sampled the different brands for taste? I think I've heard that disolving in water is another factor with big differences between brands, anybody know about that either?

I'm lactose intolerant thanks for rubbing it in.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I bought some Great Value but have yet to taste test it. I hadn't considered how it dissolves in water. Now I need to drag it out and give it a try.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I bought some Great Value but have yet to taste test it. I hadn't considered how it dissolves in water. Now I need to drag it out and give it a try.

I'm pretty sure that's what I got, it's okay. I'm not a big milk fan anyways. Love me some chocolate milk though. It does mix well in cold water, alittle oily residue on the lips though. (as in olive oil not petroleum, and it is very slight).

I generally use it to cook with, or recently was given a good idea, if you need creme just use half the water it calls for. Works fairly well for cooking, not sure how it would be as a coffee additive.

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    When I was a kid my Mom had us on powered milk for a couple years. Man was that stuff nasty.:n00b: Had to get it as cold as possible. Once in a while we could afford some Bosco or sum such chocolate mix to help.
    R
    :patriot:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    No matter which brand you use, it is best if you mix it and chill before drinking, also add vanilla extract.

Personally, I prefer it from glass so I store 1 gallon milk bottles. The rectangular shape also works well in the fridge.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Man I would have to be pretty desperate to drink that stuff. Not saying that I wouldn't to survive though. I used to have a babysitter when I was younger that made us drink it all the time. I hated it and never forgot the taste. I think a small milk goat would be a better answer for me in a survival situation.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Man I would have to be pretty desperate to drink that stuff. Not saying that I wouldn't to survive though. I used to have a babysitter when I was younger that made us drink it all the time. I hated it and never forgot the taste. I think a small milk goat would be a better answer for me in a survival situation.

I AGREE!! :noway: on powder milk

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    I agree, mix it a little rich, mix it well, and drink it as cold as possible. I can tolerate it pretty well, but was never fed a steady diet of it.

HB

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I think a small milk goat would be a better answer for me in a survival situation.

Hmm. I had goats at one time, but mine were all made out of meat!

I agree on the powdered milk. Had some a few times as a kid, and YUCK!! Nasty stuff. I've avoided it ever since because I couldn't imagine ever drinking it voluntarily.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I JUST TRIED KROGERS NON-FAT POWDERED MILK. IT TASTED JUST LIKE REGULAR SKIM TO ME. i DON'T LIKE SKIM BUT I COULD DRINK IT. I DON'T THINK THEY MAKE A 2%. I CAN VACUUM STORE IT FOR LONGER TERM. IT WOULD BE NICE TO ALWAYS HAVE A SUPPLY OF MILK.

Top Bottom